No announcement yet.

All the Other Games Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colts making a game of it. Good for them.
    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• And they lost. Helps the Rams pick
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
        I think the biggest disappointment when it comes to him is his sub-standard hands. You expect a highly touted tight end, or any receiver, to be able to make the tough/big catch. You expect him to have great hands and he doesn't
        I think his lack of mental toughness should be in question also.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
          Meanwhile, I watched the Patriots helmed by Mac Jones move the Patriots into field goal range in slightly less than a minute near the end of the half.

If Mac Jones and that offense can do it, any game management that leaves time for an opponent to get into field goal range needs to be put in the bin. If you're going to take a shot on one play, you better be damn well sure the opponent has no shot at all afterwards.
          Yeah, well tell that to Dan "Two-for-one" Campbell. He thinks he's an NBA coach
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• The thing about the end of the half/game is that teams dont have to gain that many yards anymore to attempt a long FG.......The mistake so many teams make is they kick the ball out of the end zone, giving the opposing team the ball at the 25 and not running any time off the clock.......Most kickers can kick it 55+ so that means the offense only needs 35 yards or so to be in FG range.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
              The thing about the end of the half/game is that teams dont have to gain that many yards anymore to attempt a long FG.......The mistake so many teams make is they kick the ball out of the end zone, giving the opposing team the ball at the 25 and not running any time off the clock.......Most kickers can kick it 55+ so that means the offense only needs 35 yards or so to be in FG range.
              I'd rather see them kick it into the parking lot and let them start at the 25 than see some stupid ass squib kick or returnable kick that ends up giving the ball to the other team at the 40 as seems to happen quite often.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• It depends upon the situation. Since Buffalo had 3 timeouts, forcing a return wouldn't have meant much. But if you're facing a team without timeouts, forcing them to take 5-6 seconds on a kick return makes sense. Especially since they changed the kickoff rules and it's much harder to get big returns any more. Squib kicks can be hard to control but if you kick a high hanger that comes down inside the 10, odds are good you'll still keep them inside the 30 while eating up valuable time.

Comment

• Patriots are struggling here. Man. They're gonna need to find a rocket surgeon or something to fix this team.
                  Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• The targeting call just now in the Buffalo/New England game is one of those where I just don't know what you expect a defender to do.

The receiver turtles up and lowers his head in anticipation of contact, which puts his head right in the perfect spot for the defender to make contact with his shoulder. It's far too late for the defender to pull up. If the receiver hadn't willfully put himself in a "defenseless position," that hit lands right in the chest.

If I made the rules, I'd say, "Sucks to be you, but you put yourself in that position, receiver. No foul."
                    Last edited by chemiclord; December 2, 2022, 01:48 AM.

Comment

• Meanwhile, Al Michaels is far to professional sometimes.

As Herbstreit is talking about the college game and the conference championship games, Michaels should have dug at him. "Oh, and how are your Buckeyes doing? They've got a game Saturday, right?"

Comment

• Mac Jones expresses in-game frustration with New England offense

Posted by Mike Florio on December 2, 2022, 12:30 AM EST

Getty Images

Mac Jones is getting upset.

Weeks after the Bailey Zappe drama resolved itself, there’s another issue. New England’s starting quarterback isn’t pleased with the play calling.

Cameras captured an agitated Jones yelling (via some fairly basic lip-reading skills), “Throw the fucking ball. The fucking running game sucks.” (He may have said “quick game.” Either way, he wasn’t happy.)

The message undoubtedly was intended for Matt Patricia, the former defensive coordinator who has become the post-Josh McDaniels play caller for the Patriots.

Jones’s frustration isn’t new. The issues that bubbled up when Jones was kept out of the lineup as he healed from a sprained ankle trace to the decision to put Patricia and Joe Judge in charge of the offense. Jones has a vested interest in his overall development as a quarterback, and there had been indications that he simply wasn’t happy with how the offense had been going, the first year after McDaniels left to become head coach of the Raiders.

While Jones has become a full-fledged Stepford Patriot when speaking to reporters, in those candid moments where it’s not obvious that his messages are being captured for millions to see, his true feeling are bubble through his otherwise robotic, say-all-the-right-things facade.

After the game, he explained that he wanted to get the ball down the field, at a time when the Patriots were playing from behind.

I felt like we needed chunk plays,” he said. He also said the comment wasn’t directed to anybody. Common senses suggests that a comment like that wouldn’t be directed to nobody.

It makes for some interesting times as the 6-6 Patriots have five more games that will determine whether they make it back to the postseason, or not. The visit the Cardinals next Monday night, and then they have a Sunday night (subject to flex) date with the Raiders in Las Vegas.

After that, New England finished with a pair of home game against the Bengals and Dolphins, followed by a Week 18 visit to Buffalo.

The Patriots should win the next two. They’ll likely be underdogs in each of the final three. If that’s how it plays out, they’ll finish 8-9 — and likely out of the seven playoff spots in the AFC.

Comment

• Falcon lost! (great news)
                          GB beats Chicago (all the same to me)
                          Giants and Commanders are in OT (Either loss is good for us)
                          Jets are threatening Vikings (could be great too!)

In terms of playoff hopes, LA beating Seattle is good for us. In terms of draft position SEA winning is better.
                          Hoping SF looses to MIA.
                          Hoping for a Bucs loss.

Comment

• Jets had two chances from Minn 1 and couldnt get in....they have the ball with 1:19 left and no timeouts

Comment

• Garrett Wilson, 10th pick in the draft, 8 catches for 162 yards so far in this game

Comment

• Jets lose
                                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X