OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, I have a question.

Both tailgunner and Mr. Unsociable have laptops that run on Vista.

I have been playing around with each of their units and have come to really like the sidebar that has different ops including a clock.

All of a sudden on Tailgunners puter, the only ap that appears is a puzzle game. the other aps don't seem to load. I have deleted the clock and re installed it but, I still see no clock face.

Anyone know what I am doiing wrong?

Edit: I should also mention this started after an update installed itself. I say itself because I rarely will install the updates because experience has taught me I start to have problems when I do. In this case, I was aware an update was present but unless I accidentally clicked the mouse in the general area of the update warning, it began installing itself and rebooted to finish the updates.
    Last edited by Malto Marko; August 30, 2009, 06:56 AM.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• This computer illiterate has no idea Malto. I do have a problem of my own however. My computer decided last Wednesday that it needed to make every page I load huge. It's so big you can't even navigate the page. I've gone into the administrative function and looked at the settings and they are all normal. I clicked on them again anyway and rebooted. I've done this several times and Jumbo page remains. Any ideas.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Maltus - not sure what to make of your sidebar widgets...to my knowledge to install them you merely drag and drop them from a window...removal is also very simple.

DanO - are you using Internet Explorer? If so, install Mozilla Firefox and use that for the time being.
        Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• This is probably a stupid question but can I buy that online?

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
            This is probably a stupid question but can I buy that online?

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
            It is free at Mozilla.com.

I have been using it for about 4 years and like it. However, recently I have experienced issues with Mozilla that downloads will not open with the proper program. I have to download them to my computer first, then open them.

Comment

• Thanks guys. I'll work on that tonight when I get home.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Coop View Post
                Maltus - not sure what to make of your sidebar widgets...to my knowledge to install them you merely drag and drop them from a window...removal is also very simple.

DanO - are you using Internet Explorer? If so, install Mozilla Firefox and use that for the time being.
                "

Coop, it is the "widgets" I am referring to and I have deleted them then dragged and dropped them but still, no clock face.

Comment

• DanO if you are using explorer, look at the bottom right of the screen ,there should be a little magnifying glass, and a percentage. I'm guessing the percentage is not at 100% but something bigger?
                  AAL Quintez Cephus
                  If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• You know I've seen that before and I actually played with it. Didn't think about checking that however. Thanks Dean. You know. Now that I think about it I was playing with the % Tuesday night trying to get the window so I could participate in the chat on our live draft. I could barely see a third of the chat box and couldn't access the dialog box to post comments. That's got to be it. Because Wednesday morning is when it showed up. Changing the % did nothing for me at the time because I forgot I needed to reboot. Must have left it a high % and when I turn the unit off and then back on there it was.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Dano, CTRL and the minus sign at the same time will reduce the size. CTRL and the plus sign will increase it. Try that.
                      It's so flat you can watch your dog run away for three days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                        It is free at Mozilla.com.

I have been using it for about 4 years and like it. However, recently I have experienced issues with Mozilla that downloads will not open with the proper program. I have to download them to my computer first, then open them.
                        The nice thing about Firefox that you don't have with windows is that it actually uninstalls. I would suggest doing that and deleting your profile. Then reinstalling it. That might help with the running of programs from the download menu. Also check the security settings first to make sure its not stopping you for security reasons.
                        AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                          "

Coop, it is the "widgets" I am referring to and I have deleted them then dragged and dropped them but still, no clock face.
                          I would just get a different clock widget then the one that comes normally installed.
                          AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• "Dano, CTRL and the minus sign at the same time will reduce the size. CTRL and the plus sign will increase it. Try that."
                            -------------------------------------Thanks Kansas. Dean was right. It was set at 400%. It's all good now.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                              "Dano, CTRL and the minus sign at the same time will reduce the size. CTRL and the plus sign will increase it. Try that."
                              -------------------------------------Thanks Kansas. Dean was right. It was set at 400%. It's all good now.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                              LOL! the super handicap font...
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I don't know if that font would fit on my 60" TV screen.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X