No announcement yet.

OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• but you could finally make out her tattoo...........
    The only logical explanation is:
    I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
      I don't know if that font would fit on my 60" TV screen.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!

It is called Senior Vision
      Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• Originally posted by manwhohasstronggrip View Post
        It is called Senior Vision, HD
        fify

Key: HD = Heavy Diaper
        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• -G-

maybe, maybe not

it depends.....

<ducks>
          Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Sprint is announcing something "big" Wednesday September 9. Whatever it is, it will require sales reps to work lots of OT in the coming weeks.

Speculation around the internet/water-cooler: Launch of the Samsung Instinct HD (5.0 megapixel camera and HDMI output) the following weekend or taking pre-orders for the HTC Hero (Android OS, also 5.0 megapixel camera, iPhone Killer) starting the following weekend.

More info when it becomes available to me
            "Low on the totem, till he showed 'em defiance, giant scrotum"

Comment

• yet to see that fabled "iphone killer"

the one feature that might raise a few eyebrows is flash support....
              Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Coop View Post
                yet to see that fabled "iphone killer"

the one feature that might raise a few eyebrows is flash support....
                and multitasking (which palm pre > iphone, also in that aspect)

see product comparison below:

being fully customizable is huge, IMO...not to mention AT&T's rates for iphones plans are absurd.
                "Low on the totem, till he showed 'em defiance, giant scrotum"

Comment

• Sweatpants...those no's change to yes with an unlocked jailbroken phone...and tmobile is very competitive.

Is the HTC 3G ?
                  Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Coop View Post
                    Sweatpants...those no's change to yes with an unlocked jailbroken phone...and tmobile is very competitive.

Is the HTC 3G ?
                    Jailbreaking a phone specially with the bricking that has taken place in the past is not a reason to buy the phone but should be a reason not to support the product considering it needs to be jailbroken to be competitive.
                    AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweatpants Murphy View Post
                      and multitasking (which palm pre > iphone, also in that aspect)

see product comparison below:

being fully customizable is huge, IMO...not to mention AT&T's rates for iphones plans are absurd.
                      I know it sounds wierd, but one of my favorite features of my iPhone, is that I can plug it into my computer's USB port to charge. It doesn't sound like much, but my wife's Sidekick doesn't do that and she doesn't have any conviently located outlets in her office.
                      "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
                        Jailbreaking a phone specially with the bricking that has taken place in the past is not a reason to buy the phone but should be a reason not to support the product considering it needs to be jailbroken to be competitive.
                        2 x ipod touches jailbroken
                        3 x iphones unlocked and jailbroken

weak arguement - those who educate themselves before obtaining an iphone realize quickly the death star is not the only option....
                        Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• My phone plugs into the wall next to my computer.

"Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• and that phone works reliably
                            Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by mason reese View Post
                              I know it sounds wierd, but one of my favorite features of my iPhone, is that I can plug it into my computer's USB port to charge. It doesn't sound like much, but my wife's Sidekick doesn't do that and she doesn't have any conviently located outlets in her office.
                              Typically, you can get an aftermarket cord with USB on one end and your phone's proprietary connection on the other. Then you can use this to sync and charge the phone from your computer's USB port.

But I know exactly what you mean. One of my old phones had a simple standard mini-usb input which was great because it was easy to find a compatible cord. Since then, my phones have had proprietary connectors, so I've had to buy and carry around special cords.

Comment

• I favored motorola phones before I got addicted to the iphone for that reason. ^
                                Got Kneecaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X