No announcement yet.

OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no problem! plus you guys can shorten the name by saying 'murph' or "Lt. Murphtaugh"
    "Low on the totem, till he showed 'em defiance, giant scrotum"

Comment

• Originally posted by GONZ View Post
      Hey Coop,

What's up man? Hope you and family are doing well.

Do me a favor and let me know what your co-wkr says about that product.

I would love nothing more than to to from $80/mo for DTV to nothing (existing DSL fee excluded bcz I need that for work and of course this product).
      COOP,

Any info from your friend regarding the Boxee?

This story reminded me why I need to learn more about it:

Nearly 800,000 U.S. TV households 'cut the cord,' report says

19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by GONZ View Post
        COOP,

Any info from your friend regarding the Boxee?

This story reminded me why I need to learn more about it:

Nearly 800,000 U.S. TV households 'cut the cord,' report says

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ytech_gadg/ytech_gadg_tc1598

This is the truth...live sporting events is the only reason I really see to keep cable around. Of course, being a Lions fan, the point that article makes about MNF is moot. The Lions will not be on MNF for many many years, and when they are...I'll just go to my local sports eatery

Comment

• Our family had already decided to cancel satellite this summer. We've had enough of their antics.

Comment

• I am going to "cut the cord" soon as my viewing habits can be found without Cable and my Cable provider (Brighthouse) could care less if I am a customer or not.

There are other dynamics involved in this decision but, for what I am provided and what I am paying, time to exit, stage left......
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I don't know if others are interested in listening to Podcasts but John salley does one called "Spider and the Hench" which is fantastic. He really provides a great insight into pro sports and athletes. Plus it's fun to hear him talk Pistons from the inside.

He shared a story about Billy Laimbeer telling him about the importance of free throws. Bill told him that he was leaving 10k on the table with every free throw he missed because three points a game is worth x amount in a contract.

It was fascinating to me.
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Sounds good. Sally is a funny guy. I bet it is good.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                  I don't know if others are interested in listening to Podcasts but John salley does one called "Spider and the Hench" which is fantastic. He really provides a great insight into pro sports and athletes. Plus it's fun to hear him talk Pistons from the inside.

He shared a story about Billy Laimbeer telling him about the importance of free throws. Bill told him that he was leaving 10k on the table with every free throw he missed because three points a game is worth x amount in a contract.

It was fascinating to me.
                  I'm gonna have to check that out, I always thought he was great on BDSSP

Comment

• Thanks to the latest firmware update from Sony, our PS3 is now 3D movie viewing capable.

Now all we need to do is upgrade this TV again to have 3D movie technology.

<shakes head>

Not happening for awhile on our end

Comment

• 3D doesn't seem compelling to me...
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• IMHO, CSI in 3-D would be just that more unwatchable.

"Whoa! Extreme suckiness comin' atcha!"
                        "To alcohol! The cause of—and solution to—all of life's problems." —Homer Simpson, 1997

Comment

• DEACON BLUES closed the old FORUM ADMIN thread w/o creating the mentioned new replacement thread and announced new moderators so I'm putting this note here in hopes of it being seen.

Are others finding the forum slow today? In spurts, I am finding it to be slow this morning.

Comment

• Not here.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
                            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Anyone who's here on xbox live...my gamertag: S dot Murf

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweatpants Murphy View Post
                                Anyone who's here on xbox live...my gamertag: S dot Murf
                                Mine is the same every where.
                                AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

Working...
                                X