No announcement yet.

OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry to hear about the change to your master plan. Sounds like you roll like I do, always accepting that things happen for a reason. Most times for the better <knock on wood>

I wish you and your family well.
    Last edited by Panoptes; February 12, 2007, 12:44 PM.
    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I had to consider every scenario when I decided to give notice, and did so expecting NOTHING. In the end, for whatever politics exist, I have to at least be grateful that I had at least transitional employment and received a bonus at the end of the year.

I thank you sir for kind wishes - unemployment kinda sucks, but I strongly believe longer term it will work out for the best...
      Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• LOL, Deb. Hadn't seen that one, but yeah, where there's smoke there's fire. I get my fill of that with Symantec on my XP2 setup, so I'm in no hurry to have the entire OS be part of the fun.
        "We like to work for everything. That's what people in Michigan do."
        2012 Adopt-A-Lion Nate Burleson

Comment

• COOP,

We're going to give consideration to attending the KC v DET game this year. If we can pull it off, perhaps you can join us?????

Comment

• I have a Creative Zen Vision 30G and it is far superior to the Ipod. Like Larsky said, Creatve has a radio tuner and record radio, voice notes, speech, class room lectures, etc. It also has a better screen. You can also use it as a hard drive. It plays ten times the formats as Ipod.

Ipod is lighter and thinner, and the click wheel can't be beat, but those features and Apple properity formats suck ass.

Deb, I don't walk around with mine alot either. It does come in useful for watching movies on a plane and it is great for pictures and home movies of my son. I also use it alot for parties on my home stereo and with little speakers when working in the yard or laying by the pool. Well worth the $200 dollars I paid.

Comment

• Gonz, if you go to that game, are you going to wear a Half Lions Half Chiefs jersey?
              Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                Gonz, if you go to that game, are you going to wear a Half Lions Half Chiefs jersey?
                Frank,

Why don't you come up and see for yourself.

The more the merrier you know.

Comment

• I might be interested. Is it in KC?

Comment

• I like CVGT and Deb.
                    -------------------So you're bisexual?

"We're going to give consideration to attending the KC v DET game this year. If we can pull it off, perhaps you can join us?????"
                    -------------------------Thanks for the invite buddy.

GO LIONS "07" !!!!!!!
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      I bought an Sansa 2 GB mp3 player reluctantly and recently.......

I decided to get an mp3 player and its been a great purchase.....

Its very handy doing chores and really helpful running.....
                      Froot, my wife bought me the same one back in August for our anniversary. I F'ing LOVE IT! She researched MP3 players in-depth and decided I needed one without a mechanical hard drive, as I'd probably break it.

I use it at the office all the time during the day....put it on, turn on the tunes and close my office door. I can get a lot of work done that way!

Also, get yourself a rubberized "jacket" for it. It really protects the unit. You can get one off of Amazon.com (use Deb's link here at the top)

Comment

• I love mine...I have no desire to listen to traffic rush past me, or the rantings of a bum on the bus...
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Gonz - plan on it.
                          Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdoggie View Post
                            I have a Creative Zen Vision 30G and it is far superior to the Ipod. Like Larsky said, Creatve has a radio tuner and record radio, voice notes, speech, class room lectures, etc. It also has a better screen. You can also use it as a hard drive. It plays ten times the formats as Ipod.
                            Actually, it plays fewer audio formats than the iPod, not more.

Zen: MP3, WMA, WMA with DRM, Audible (formats 2 and 4), WAV = 6 formats

iPod: MP3, AAC, AAC with DRM, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, WAV = 9 formats

[Since the three formats Audible offers are significantly different from each other in how they compromise between sound quality and file size, it seems appropriate to count them as separate formats.]

Originally posted by Jdoggie View Post
                            Ipod is lighter and thinner, and the click wheel can't be beat, but those features and Apple properity formats suck ass.
                            Of the Zen's 6 formats, four are propietary?WMA, WMA w/ DRM, and the two Audible formats.

Of the iPod's 9 formats, four are proprietary?AAC w/ DRM, and the three Audible formats.
                            "To alcohol! The cause of—and solution to—all of life's problems." —Homer Simpson, 1997

Comment

• Also, get yourself a rubberized "jacket" for it. It really protects the unit.
                              advice all men should take..........
                              The only logical explanation is:
                              I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• That's child abuse NBT.

GO LIONS "07" !!!!!!!
                                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X