OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks LB and Brook.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
      To a degree. I think across the board there will be a 4G cost. Up till now Sprint had actually been one of the cheaper options by a couple of bucks, with their history of the shittiest customer service I think they should have held back on this hike.
      shittiest customer service is exactly that...history.

Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post
      In my experience, unless you are downloading large files like streaming music or movies, 200MB is typically more than enough.

I use my phone all day nearly every day for checking/sending email and web surfing and rarely approach 200MB.

ATT allows you to monitor your data usage and change your plan retroactively if you go over the limits in the middle of the billing cycle. If T-mobile is similar then there is no risk in trying the cheaper plan first.

I don't know how you manage that...I go over 2 GB consistently every month on my phone.

Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
      I just downloaded this app called ROM Gripper for my android.. it has like every single nintendo and super NES game on it.. the screen super imposes see through nintendo style buttons/controller on it... its pretty wild. It's like a time machine hearing some of those early game sounds. Mmmmm techmo bowl. It's all free too.

I also have one that runs PS1 games! If you're hip to wordfeud, add me...my username on their is sweatsmurphy
      "Low on the totem, till he showed 'em defiance, giant scrotum"

Comment

• I got wordfeud... I take like whole days to make take a turn though so you might not want to add me

PS1 games... ooo which app is that? The original Grand Torismo was ps1 i think no? Seems like that would be pushing the phones limits a bit.
        Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
          I got wordfeud... I take like whole days to make take a turn though so you might not want to add me

PS1 games... ooo which app is that? The original Grand Torismo was ps1 i think no? Seems like that would be pushing the phones limits a bit.

I always have 6 or 7 games going on wordfeud at a time, so time between moves won't matter!

psx4droid lite !

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweatpants Murphy View Post
            shittiest customer service is exactly that...history.
            Like the unreliability of American cars or the better build quality of Japanese ones?

Sprint troubles and distaste are relativity fresh. To make a name they needed to use competitive pricing to get people to come back. This is not the way to do it.
            AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
              Like the unreliability of American cars or the better build quality of Japanese ones?

Sprint troubles and distaste are relativity fresh. To make a name they needed to use competitive pricing to get people to come back. This is not the way to do it.

You're talking about 2008.

Let's talk about 2011; I receive commission on customer satisfaction surveys (since 2009) where the highest score is the only passing score. I'm going to go the extra mile to ensure my customers are 100% satisfied with the level of service I provide.

I guess your definition of "relatively fresh" differs from mine.

Comment

• Unless you're the one answering the phone when I call Sprint, I'm not impressed.

I had them for about a week and reached some yahoo in BFE when I had a problem. That's after a 20 minute hold time. And they were of no help.

I expect the guys who work in the stores to be good and I'm sure you are. But they're not the ones supporting me down the road.
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweatpants Murphy View Post
                  You're talking about 2008.

Let's talk about 2011; I receive commission on customer satisfaction surveys (since 2009) where the highest score is the only passing score. I'm going to go the extra mile to ensure my customers are 100% satisfied with the level of service I provide.

I guess your definition of "relatively fresh" differs from mine.
                  What I am saying is that in the US market relatively fresh can be as long as the last 10 years. Lots of people tend to create a brand loyalty off of their previous purchases. Basically as long as something doesn't rub them the wrong way then they will continue to buy from them till they have had enough.

So for Sprint they have to prove to have better customer service to people that heard for 5 years straight that they worse then horrible. Its going to be hard to get person to drop the provider they are using and pickup one that had been known for being so bad for so long. Even if ATT and verizon had bad customer service nothing reaches the depths that Sprint hit. Hell they actually dropped service at one point on customers they deemed problem customers just because they were tired of trying to help them.

They were once the biggest mobile provider at one point and managed to piss off a lot of their customers including the most loyal mobile brand customers in terms of Nextel users. That's a lot of users they may never get back no matter how good they are.

No the biggest way to get customers back and build back up is being more affordable. The 4G tax and now another $10 to regular data packages now take them out of what little price advantage they had. Price is the one thing that can win over users quicker then good customer service.
                  AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• With all due respect, Sweat, I decided to change carriers a few years back because I needed a family plan that Sprint did not offer. I changed and notified them about the change but they continued to bill me for months after the change was made.

I spent countless hours on the phone trying to convince them their bills were a waste of paper and postage.

It finally took writing a letter to the CEO, with CC's going to their legal council and the Consumers protection Agency for the State of Michigan to get relief.
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I kick ass
                      The only logical explanation is:
                      I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• lol wow
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by Deacon Blues View Post

I kick ass
                          WTF? Dial up?
                          Apathetic No More.

Comment

• Deacon connects to the internet through word of mouth
                            Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

Working...
                                X