OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
    ... but bad side is that it isn't swappable (to keep the phone small but battery large) ...
    I had to go look this up because I couldn't believe it. A phone with a permanent battery? WTF? Throw it away when the battery stops keeping a charge?
    The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• Originally posted by unknown lions fan View Post
      I had to go look this up because I couldn't believe it. A phone with a permanent battery? WTF? Throw it away when the battery stops keeping a charge?
      Beauty of Android, you can find a phone that hits pretty much every form factor you desire. There is a market for phones (and batteries tend to be good for 2-3 years) that hold as much charge as possible on a single charge and forgo swapping batteries. Hell almost 5 years of that in the Apple corner.

I am up for my 20 month renewal in April and my battery in my DX is going strong, and never really felt the need to get a spare battery for mid day swaps. For the desperate you can get one of those on the go chargers as a slip cover, or just plug into the the charge point to act as extra juice. Personally I wouldn't want one I couldn't swap the battery on, but I wouldn't let it be a deal breaker for me.
      AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
        Make sure you note it's the "prime" version that isn't out yet. The regular Asus transformer is a simular set up and has been out for a while now (good reviews and it should be cheap once the "prime" comes out so it might still be a good option that is easier on the wallet).
        Regular Transformer on sale:

19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
          Regular Transformer on sale:

http://www.deals2buy.com/
          I'll bet it gets significantly cheaper than that in a month.
          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• this is way cool

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL6Ff8RKkBo"]Green Data Center Solutions - Servers Submerged in Oil - Midas Green Tech - YouTube[/ame]
            The only logical explanation is:
            I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• I saw a overclocked PC that used that same thing. It looks so cool, but I'm sure it's way beyond what I could manage to do.
              2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• I need a cheap, easy to use, point and shoot digital camera. It doesn't need to shoot movies or have giant megapixels, or be super small. Just a good, tough, dependable basic camera...Any suggestions?

So many to choose from. Not man enough to decide on my own...lol

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
                  I need a cheap, easy to use, point and shoot digital camera. It doesn't need to shoot movies or have giant megapixels, or be super small. Just a good, tough, dependable basic camera...Any suggestions?

Would love to give you a camera referral but I use a D90 that is none of the things you requested for your next PAS camera so I present reviews of the type you are looking for

Whether you're shopping for a beginning photographer, a keen landscape enthusiast or a budding YouTube vlogger, these gifts will be essential extras.

Comment

• Thanks gonz, I'll check it out.

Comment

• Do you want a viewfinder to look through or will you be ok with a screen in the back as your means of aiming the camera?
                      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Just a screen would be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                          Make sure you note it's the "prime" version that isn't out yet. The regular Asus transformer is a simular set up and has been out for a while now (good reviews and it should be cheap once the "prime" comes out so it might still be a good option that is easier on the wallet).
                          Latest review

The Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime is the best Honeycomb tablet available, but the OS lacks the tablet-optimized apps to compete with the iPad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                            And here.
                            AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Nice links. I'm nearly certain I'll get one but I think I'll wait a few months just to be sure. It certainly seems to be exactly what I would want in a tablet/ ultra portable laptop.
                              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
                                I need a cheap, easy to use, point and shoot digital camera. It doesn't need to shoot movies or have giant megapixels, or be super small. Just a good, tough, dependable basic camera...Any suggestions?

foxhopper, the BEST digital camera review site on the web is Imaging Resource. They'll point you to what you're after. Here's the category for best pocket cameras.
                                Last edited by unknown lions fan; December 5, 2011, 07:17 PM.
                                The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

Working...
                                X