OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sounds like PFM to me
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
      sounds like PFM to me
      When you're pulling your hair out, sometimes PFM is just AOK.
      It's so flat you can watch your dog run away for three days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kansas View Post
        HELP! OK, I have tomcat running on my laptop. Using eclipse. I've got a test-app I want to test. It works fine when I use URL http://localhost:8080/test-app. But I don't want to have to put 8080 in the address. So I changed sever.xml to use port 80 only, and restarted tomcat, which supposedly would allow me to just use http://localhost/test-app.

But it doesn't work. I still have to use 8080. Plus, even when I stop tomcat i can still get http://localhost:8080/test-app to work. I don't understand it unless I have another tomcat process.

Any ideas from you nerds?
        Out of curiosity, what kind of apps are you creating via Eclipse?

Comment

• When you're pulling your hair out, sometimes PFM is just AOK.
          I've been there too. But if it's PFM you have to pray the fault doesn't come back.
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Monitoring apps. We're pulling realtime data from platform components and displaying it graphically so that our NOC (or anyone else watching) can see if we're having any issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
              I've been there too. But if it's PFM you have to pray the fault doesn't come back.
              Naw, it was def a caching issue. Once I cleared it and restarted Tomcat it worked just as expected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kansas View Post
                Monitoring apps. We're pulling realtime data from platform components and displaying it graphically so that our NOC (or anyone else watching) can see if we're having any issues.
                Thanks. 'Always nice to know what is happening across the network.

Comment

• Caching issues are the absolute worst. There is nothing more annoying than spending a hour trying to fix something before you realize that you aren't even seeing the changes that you are making.

Comment

• started assembling my new rig last weekend waiting for new processor and SSD - come to find out the aftermarket cooler has a bracket and screws that fit UNDER the motherboard before it attaches to the case...ugh fine print......
                    Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Don't feel bad, Coop. My cooler didn't fit in the case!
                      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                        Don't feel bad, Coop. My cooler didn't fit in the case!
                        Hmmmmmm.

My problem has always been that my case did not fit in the cooler.
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coop View Post
                          started assembling my new rig last weekend waiting for new processor and SSD - come to find out the aftermarket cooler has a bracket and screws that fit UNDER the motherboard before it attaches to the case...ugh fine print......
                          Coop you said you were building a 6 core with 12 GB of ram. You building up a LGA1366 or a LGA2011?
                          AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Top - went LGA 1366. Got a step above entry level 6 core, anything higher would have been $1k+ just for the CPU. As it stands I have a chunk invested.

LFIJ - I've heard of that happening - was it a stock cooler? I very briefly looked into water cooling as the case supports it with an add on kit, but found the cooling isn't all that much more greater than a good air sink.

Hope to get everything together and fired up this weekend. Only two gotchas thus far are that I thought 1 had 5 PCI-E slots to work with, turns out I don't - have 3 PCI-E and 2 PCI-X. Other thing is that the case has two front facing USB 3.0 ports that I can't use (yet)) because my motherboard doesn't support it, could get an add on card that would connect to the case cable, but I don't think I'll have enough motherboard slots to be able to install it.
                            Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• has anyone heard of someone using Dragon "Naturally speaking" software? We thought maybe we could get my Mom on the computer if she didn't have to type

Comment

• Originally posted by Coop View Post
                                Top - went LGA 1366. Got a step above entry level 6 core, anything higher would have been $1k+ just for the CPU. As it stands I have a chunk invested.

LFIJ - I've heard of that happening - was it a stock cooler? I very briefly looked into water cooling as the case supports it with an add on kit, but found the cooling isn't all that much more greater than a good air sink.

Hope to get everything together and fired up this weekend. Only two gotchas thus far are that I thought 1 had 5 PCI-E slots to work with, turns out I don't - have 3 PCI-E and 2 PCI-X. Other thing is that the case has two front facing USB 3.0 ports that I can't use (yet)) because my motherboard doesn't support it, could get an add on card that would connect to the case cable, but I don't think I'll have enough motherboard slots to be able to install it.
                                This is all geek to me.

Get it? See what I did there?

/spins propeller on top of head

Comment

Working...
                                X