OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it cool?
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Really want to pick up a Moto Razr Maxx but Verizon is out of them till 3/12. Grrr!
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Tony G
      Even more maddening, they have shipped me the accessories already and they will arrive this afternoon. So I will have all the stuff to plug the phone into but not the phone.
      I hear sometimes they ship early with the accessories if the phone is ready.
      I too share in Deb's joy upon the arrival of yon Fed-Ex truck! Turns out Mason was 100% correct and I now have my phone and accessories. I feel like standing on the very steep roof of my house, holding my new phone above my head as though it is a sword, whilst I shout, "I have the the Razr Maxx! The phone with the most battery hours of any! Bring me the finest bagels and muffins in all the land!"

Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Ahhh the wonderful few moments between when you bask in the arrival of your new bit of electronic kit and when you run into your first machine error or problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
          I too share in Deb's joy upon the arrival of yon Fed-Ex truck! Turns out Mason was 100% correct and I now have my phone and accessories. I feel like standing on the very steep roof of my house, holding my new phone above my head as though it is a sword, whilst I shout, "I have the the Razr Maxx! The phone with the most battery hours of any! Bring me the finest bagels and muffins in all the land!"

Really? I was just fucking wit you, trying to get your hopes us.
          "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• I figured it was a 50-50 chance

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
              Is it cool?
              I've been gone all night. It's very sexy.
              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• We are talking about a 13" laptop. right?

Comment

• Ultrabook but yes. I'm a geek, what can I say?
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• it's cool. I am too. The Razr Maxx is sweet too moving up from an original Droid

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                      No start button on Windows 8 is way more of a pain than I would have imagined.
                      You can still get to it but it takes one more step than before. At least it did on the Developer's Preview I tried.
                      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Really? I was just fucking wit you, trying to get your hopes us.
                        You wouldn't mind fucking wit me about winning the lotto would you?

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                          You can still get to it but it takes one more step than before. At least it did on the Developer's Preview I tried.
                          Looks like someone is making an app to do the same thing.

An upcoming and free Windows 8 app from Stardock does something that many users have been wanting out of the Consumer Preview version; a way to put the Windows 8 Start menu on the desktop.
                          2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• My biggest issue, is strange, but its the absence of a user friendly way to power down the computer. Most people don't know what their system has set up for pressing the power button, or closing the lid on their laptops. I only spent 20 minutes on it yesterday (just created the VM) but I could only find the option to power down through a ctrl-alt-del.
                            AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                              I didn't take a look at the developers preview, but the consumer preview has an option for the desktop with a task bar, but no actual start menu.

I have some real question on whether or not Metro is ready for applications that are not metro aware, that don't conform nicely into their little hubs. Leaving the start menu for the billions desktop and laptop users who use don't have touch screens, to at least get them used to it, would have been a nice idea.
                              AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• it's in the lower right corner...little widget that pops up. Has anyone noticed the lack of "control panel" in the consumer preview of 8?
                                Got Kneecaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X