OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GONZ View Post
    Dude, WTF tangent are you running with? I have not once mentioned the manufacturers or the phones themselves as being a peeve of mine.
    uhmmm...I'm pretty sure he was alluding to the "manufacturer" of the kids

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
      uhmmm...I'm pretty sure he was alluding to the "manufacturer" of the kids

LOL and so true. The reason is because people always say how much they hate cell phones, and the journalist even called for a ban on the manufacturers. However its not the products, it the people that use them. Cell phones are wonderful if used properly.

Comment

• Yes they are but they aren't by a huge majority of people.

GO LIONS "07" !!!!!!!
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• and thats a problem with the people, not the technology.

Comment

• Yep.

GO LIONS "07" !!!!!!!
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I think I must be out of the mainstream on technology.

A few years ago I saw a guy with one of those things (bluetooth) sticking out of his ear. I had no idea what the hell it was.

I assumed that a Star Trek convention must be in town and he was a "Trekkie".

AND I ABSOLUTELY HATE DRIVERS WHO USE CELL PHONES ON THE ROAD!

And women are the worse. They have no idea how their driving while blabbing on the cell phone. You just left home and I don't think your husband, boyfriend needs to know your going to bring home milk, the clap or whatever.

WOMEN ON CELL PHONES ARE AN ACCIDENT WAITING TO HAPPEN!

Comment

• <ducking out because I know what's coming>

But if I were to add to your statement, I would compound it by adding ASIAN WOMEN ON CELL PHONES ARE AN ACCIDENT WAITING TO HAPPEN!
                Last edited by Panoptes; April 5, 2007, 11:07 AM.
                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• you can remove "on cell phones" from that statement and still be accurate

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                    you can remove "on cell phones" from that statement and still be accurate

Now your really pushing our luck DWT:-)

Comment

• Everyone on a cell while driving is dangerous....man or woman. Women putting on makeup maybe more so.

I got Bluetooth in my truck but haven't even used it much. It was nice for awhile, but I couldn't figure out how to transfer a call so the hole car would hear. Also didn't like the loud ring waking my kid while sleeping. Maybe I can fix that shit and it would be cool. However studies have shown it really does decrease the dangers talking on a cell while driving.

Comment

• From insurance studies, its not the act of holding a cell phone or using a hands-free cell phone that causes increased risk, the actual talking and distraction of discussion is the cause of loss in most instances. Obviously having to physically handle a cell phone compounds the act of discussion distraction. Specially if a driver also needs to shift gears.

It wasn't so many years ago where you just used the phone at your next destination. How in the world did humans ever manage to live like that through 199?.
                        Last edited by Panoptes; April 5, 2007, 02:31 PM.
                        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Three of my four cars are manuals - I know it's a bitch to talk on a cell phone, drink coffee and shift all at the same time

Comment

It wasn't so many years ago where you just used the phone at your next destination. How in the world did humans ever manage to live like that through 199?.
                            True, we lived, but sometimes it sucked. I mean I just loved breaking down on the freeway and having to flag down other drivers or walk miles to find a phone so I could call for help. I also loved finding a pay phone but having no change and having to collect call someone to get picked up.

Comment

You come back tell us this same thing when your little girl grows up and starts leaving the house with her friends, tell us she won't have a cell phone with her so that you can get a hold of her or she can get a hold of you.

Comment

• I'm getting my kid the cell that dials only 5 numbers. 3 of them will be mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X