No announcement yet.

OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looks pretty new. this page has a few reviews sourced on it if you want to read up

Get the latest Dell info from our tech-obsessed editors with breaking news, in-depth reviews, hands-on videos, and our insights on future products.
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Yeah, I was looking at that Tony. They all seem like first impressions based off the specs rather than real hands-on reviews though. Thanks for checking for me.
      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• That looks pretty cool LFIJ. I'm in the market for a tablet for my wife as well.

I think I'm going to be looking at the Win8 tablets, primarily because she likes to look through our photos that are stored on a Win7 PC on our network. From what I can tell, the Android and iPad tablets don't really like to browse pictures on a windows-based homegroup...anyone have any thoughts on this?

Besides the pictures, it's mostly about web browsing and email for her. So the MS Surface is looking like the right choice for me, it's a good bit cheaper.
        The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• Well, crap...now that I dig into it a little more, you have to go up in price with the win8 tablets if you want a full windows machine. their entry models are limited in what they offer to a puny app store.
          The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• Yup, that's why I was looking at the Dell. I think it comes out to just about the same price as the Surface.
            2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
              Yup, that's why I was looking at the Dell. I think it comes out to just about the same price as the Surface.

Check out the HP envy x2 and the revolve (very sweet, very high end very pricey)

we have traditionally had much better luck with quality of OEM parts by HP over Dell. Dell has had a bad rash of battery and screen issues in the past 5 years.

We had to do loads of replacement screens on their ATG models, and loads and loads of swollen bad batteries.

HOWEVER I think the DELL, HP, Lenovo, ASUS models rock over the MS Surface series. I really don't like the MS models, just clunky for no reason yet cheap at the same time.
              Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• Originally posted by unknown lions fan View Post
                Well, crap...now that I dig into it a little more, you have to go up in price with the win8 tablets if you want a full windows machine. their entry models are limited in what they offer to a puny app store.
                Take a look at the new 8" Dell Venue.

This looks like a winner to me for those who want a "tablet first / PC second" experience.

Comment

• Thinking Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition if I ever go into the tablet field.
                  WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• I'm never doing an Android device again. Google can go f themselves.

Another review (with video) of the 8" Dell device:

The center of the Windows Universe - featuring news, reviews, help & tips, buyer guides, forums & accessories. Buyer's guides to help you find the best accessories for you. Jump in for a review of upcoming Xbox games or consoles. Troubleshooting issues you may run into with Windows 10 or Windows 11, no matter how small or difficult.
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I really like this Asus transformer tablet. Windows 8.1 and Office home and student included.

http://liliputing.com/2013/10/first-...book-t100.html
                      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                        I'm never doing an Android device again. Google can go f themselves.

Another review (with video) of the 8" Dell device:

http://www.wpcentral.com/dell-venue-8-pro-unboxing
                        Just anti google?
                        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Yeah, I guess I'm anti-Google now. But I also just love Windows Phone compared to the Android phone experience I had. Android required frequent restarts just to clear lag, got slower and slower as time went on, was not very polished.
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• The latest Android is pretty slick. The problem with android is that most phone carriers and phone makers both put horrible bloatware on it. If you get stock google android you get a much better product that gets updates as they come out. My wife's google play store purchased nexus 7 has been out for a ong time and is pretty old for a touch screen and it already has android 4.4 kit kat on it while my much newer HTC DNA is stuck with shitty HTC and verizon bloatware and never seems to get updated beyond it's original 4.2 android.
                            Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Yeah, I know the hardware you pick has a lot to do with it. I still think if you stay on that version of the OS for a while -- regardless of the hardware you chose -- you'll have the same trouble I did. Only after upgrading or refreshing will things get better again. Kinda reminds me of WinXP in that regard.
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Root that fucker. I've rooted all my androids

Comment

Working...
                                X