• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or they had party lines!
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Someone in my office sent this out,

TED's top 10 tech tips in 6 minutes

most you will know but I did learn something that interested me, I didn't know you could press the space bar in any browser and it scrolls down one screen

[ame="http://www.ted.com/talks/david_pogue_10_top_time_saving_tech_tips.html"]David Pogue: 10 top time-saving tech tips | Video on TED.com[/ame]
      Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• Techno retard here....., I only knew 3 of them. Everything else was news. Thanks for posting. Here, have a smiley face ....., I broke both thumbs today is a serious thumb injury incident.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Nice work MWHSG. . .seconds saved x remaining lifetime = gift.

Comment

• That qualifies as a TED.talk? They must have run out of new ideas. Time to shut down science,,,
            The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• Some may recall that I bought one of those Surface tablets with Win8 RT to try it out. It was for my wife, and she doesn't really need it to do a lot, but I had to return it. Ultimately, it didn't have full functionality on the LAN, so she couldn't browse our picture library.

It was a beautiful device, though, construction-wise. The way the keyboard and the power cord attached magnetically was exquisite, and the "feel" of the device was solid and nice.

I might dig one with a full copy of 8 on it (RT sucks), but they get quite pricey.

I settled on the Asus T100. It's a full 8.1 machine with an easier-to-use keyboard, a more powerful processor, and 64 GB storage. Decent little package for $379.
              The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• I ended up getting the Dell XPS 12 for my wife. She hasn't really gotten into the touch screen part of it too much yet (except she's figured out she can zoom the screen in and out), but it seems to be working very well for her.

I have to say it's a really nice looking machine as well. It has carbon fiber in the case to keep the weight down, and the flip screen is very easy to use and seems sturdy.
                2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• How do I change my home page on Google Chrome? I looked under settings, extensions, and apps and can't find anything.
                  GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• under settings, it's the second item "On Startup"

<Open a specific page or set of pages. Set pages>

Comment

• Tip: I set mine to "continue where I left off."

That way, it'll re-open *all* of the tabs you had open last time. Nice to have them all open until you decide to close them, and especially nice in the event you accidentally close your browser and had multiple tabs open that you wanted to read.

Comment

• OK. I did change that earlier from "open the new tab page" to "open a specific page or set of pages. Apparently the computer needs to be restarted for this to take effect.

Thanks, Dave.
                        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Probably just your browser had to be restarted, not a whole OS reboot. But anyway, you're welcome.

Comment

• This is not techno related or geek related but it's the only "ask a question" thread I can think of.
                            It's coming up for a year since my father in law died. He died in the nursing home during the night, with Sacha by his bedside, as they watched the Superbowl. Well, sacha watched the superbowl, old Charlie wasn't really watching anything near the end.

It's coming up for that anniversary very soon, and even though the date on which he died, (feb 4th) is not Superbowl day, the superbowl itself is going to be quite emotional.

But my question is this, probably mainly to Malto Marko....., I really do not know what is the proper thing to do on this date. Do I buy her a big bouquet of flowers to say I'm thinking of her on this day etc etc?

And the reason I ask....... I HATE people reminding me of dates of when family members died. I don't know why, I just don't like it. Can't explain it. So I in turn do not want to make her feel uncomfortable by giving her a "reminder" so to speak. Sounds insane, I know. The fact that he died on Superbowl night didn't help....., Nice one Chucky Boy!

As someone who has little experience in grief (knock wood) what is the right thing to do here?
                            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Marko, I would suggest purchasing a single red rose and a handwritten card that says something to the effect of: Red roses are a symbol of eternal love. I am thinking of you on this anniversary of losing someone whom you have eternal love for and want you to know you are my eternal love.

Word it in a way that is you but you get the idea.
                              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                                Marko, I would suggest purchasing a single red rose and a handwritten card that says something to the effect of: Red roses are a symbol of eternal love. I am thinking of you on this anniversary of losing someone whom you have eternal love for and want you to know you are my eternal love.

Word it in a way that is you but you get the idea.
                                Someone has just put a golf ball in my throat. That was beautiful, MM. That is exactly what I will do. Thanks very much.

Stupid question, but is the first death anniversary something (in your experience) that is remembered by way of cards and flowers? I mean, I'm going to do it anyway, I just wondered if it's a common thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X