No announcement yet.

OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah DeanUK, those FM transmitters are a real pain in my experience. They're constantly fading out, and if you drive far enough you'll get bleed-over from a station that is getting in your range. I was constantly trying to find a "quiet" spot on the dial.

At the time, the car had a cassette deck in it. I went with one of those cassettes you throw in the deck and plug into your headphone jack.

What program are you using to rip your discs? I was using EAC, but damn it's slow.
    The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• Originally posted by unknown lions fan View Post
      Yeah DeanUK, those FM transmitters are a real pain in my experience. They're constantly fading out, and if you drive far enough you'll get bleed-over from a station that is getting in your range. I was constantly trying to find a "quiet" spot on the dial.

At the time, the car had a cassette deck in it. I went with one of those cassettes you throw in the deck and plug into your headphone jack.

What program are you using to rip your discs? I was using EAC, but damn it's slow.
      I just used Windows Media to rip seemed pretty quick (Less than the time to play the first track), did it at 128mbps as MP3. Only had it misidentifty one CD, so had to add the details manually.
      Just bought a FM transmitter, but only ?5, so no biggie if it's no good. I was left with about three Mike Oldfield CD's that I figure is worth the effort to sell on ebay (I'll give Marko first dibs on the live at Edinburgh Castle one though!!), should get ?30 from them and a nice bit of shelf space. Don't think I'll be doing the same for my Vinyl collection though!
      AAL Quintez Cephus
      If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Winamp

nuff said
        Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• just upgraded my phone. Got a Droid Maxx to replace my Razr Maxx. I wouldn't have replaced the Razr if the USB port wasn't worn. :-( . Funny thing, I went to Verizon's site and the new phone was $149. Checked amazon and it was $69. Wound up in a chat with some lady from Alabama and got within $5 of the amazon price and kept my 4g data plan and dropped the monthly cost $10 to boot. Ordered a case and wireless charger and got free overnight shipping. Not bad.:-)
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
            just upgraded my phone. Got a Droid Maxx to replace my Razr Maxx. I wouldn't have replaced the Razr if the USB port wasn't worn. :-( . Funny thing, I went to Verizon's site and the new phone was $149. Checked amazon and it was $69. Wound up in a chat with some lady from Alabama and got within $5 of the amazon price and kept my 4g data plan and dropped the monthly cost $10 to boot. Ordered a case and wireless charger and got free overnight shipping. Not bad.:-)
            Good deal.

......had to laugh today.

We got busy in the afternoon and my brother answers a phone and after we both get done with the mini rush, he hands me a piece of paper with a phone number on it and says someone called that was on our web site and tried to order flowers but it sent her to another web site.

He said I should go and check to make sure the web site was working properly (I am the web master and he is about up to date technologically as using a crank phone to place calls).

I told him the web site is working fine because I retrieved two orders earlier from it.

I call the lady. The first thing I do is identify the web site she is using (because we have several other domains that either direct traffic to our site or has it's own full site from wire service participation).

She indicates she is going directly to our homegrown page.

Turns out the redirection is to the shopping cart so she can enter the information to make the purchase.

I offered to take the order over the phone but she insisted on using the site. I cautioned her that when using our site, if she previously clicked on a buy me button, it would still be in the shopping cart and she would end up purchasing twice and would need to delete one of them before proceeding.

I get the order about half an hour later and it comes from a manger of a restaurant in Atlanta Georgia.

Site was working fine, the redirect was to the shopping cart and she did not understand the form needed to fill out to give us the info we need to fill the order. (I will admit, it is a bit different than other online purchasing sites but, that is because the information we need is unlike most purchases made online).

My brothers son is working in Atlanta and I am going to have him stop by a flower shop down there and take her a flower to say thanks for finding us online.

I am guessing that will really freak her out.
            Last edited by Malto Marko; March 14, 2014, 12:08 AM.
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• That's a lot of money to save, Tony.
              2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Good deal, Tony.

There is a bit of a price war between the major carriers going on.

AT&T changed their family plan and lowered the prices to compete with Verizon's price drops.

I took about $50 off of my bill and added more data usage.

I was paying about $240 for 4 smartphones with unlimited talk and messaging but only 2 GB of shared data.

With the new plan I am paying about $190 and I have 10 GBs. If I needed more I think it is only $5 more to jump to 15. It is also a no contract plan.

IF you have AT&T and have more than two lines you should look into it.

If you have a major carrier, check out their rates, you will probably be able to lower your bill, especially if you have a family plan.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I'll have to check out your website Mark. Didn't know you had one.
                  GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Good deal Tony. I recently kicked Verizon to the curb, and turned a $160 p/m (1 smart phone, two flip phones) payment into 3 Moto X smart phones (3G) at $75 p/m + tax. I had to buy the 3 Moto X phones @ $300 each, but that $$$ will come back in savings. No contracts. RepublicWireless.com

Comment

• Arrgh! The service rep lied. I was told I'd get it today. here's the exact transcript

We are also offering Free overnight shipping or you can do in store pickup,

tony g: So free overnight would get it here tomorrow?

Amber M.: Yes, that is correct.

So I check and now the fed ex email says
                      Estimated delivery : Tues 3/18/2014 by 4:30 pm

Bastards!
                      Fuckers!
                      Sons of mongolian monkey screwing epileptic whores!
                      Last edited by Tony G; March 14, 2014, 05:24 PM.
                      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• You could parlay that into a credit on your account, I'm thinking.
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                          You could parlay that into a credit on your account, I'm thinking.
                          Yes, but he'd probably end up having to speak with one of those epileptic monkey whores on the phone for that.
                          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                            Yes, but he'd probably end up having to speak with one of those epileptic monkey whores on the phone for that.
                            a supply of bananas is the key...

Comment

• Posted this originally in the wrong thread.

Hope someone can help me out here.

OK, I admit up front I am lazy.

I do not want to go back in this thread to find the answer to my question.

My Virus protection Read: Norton, ends this week.

I have read that there is a free virus protection program but do not remember what the name was.

Help?
                              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Mark, do you have Comcast by chance? If so, you can download Norton for free through them.

If not, check out the following article:

Microsoft Defender isn't bad, but it's still not enough to fully protect your PC. You don't have to pay extra, though. We’ve tested and ranked the top free antivirus apps.

Sorry I don't have any recommendation on freebie AV as I use Norton exclusively on all of my devices.
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X