X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certainly is. And looks nice to boot.
    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• [ame="http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B0053OSI6Q"]HP DV6-6195CA 15.6" Notebook PC (Steel Grey):Amazon@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41%2BK4t-PZuL.@@AMEPARAM@@41%2BK4t-PZuL[/ame]

I got a killer deal 2 years ago on a laptop kinda like that. $999 (in 2012) for this. No touch screen but did have the blu Ray player.

Actually, I'm wrong, it was summer 2011.
      WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by unknown lions fan View Post
        huh - seems like you should be able to get around that download restriction. I've never even heard of an m2ts. That's my biggest problem with Sony, all of their non-standard and proprietary stuff. Who wants a file format that requires a special viewer, or a ton of time wasted converting?
        Yeah, I'll need to look into it a bit more, and I agree about Sony. I don't see myself getting another camcorder anytime soon, but I'll definitely look at file formats when I do.
        2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Didn't phones make camcorders obsolete?
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Not for stuff where you need to zoom in (school shows, recitals, etc). Video cameras provide a lot better motion stabilization and sound capture too. Both are good for different situations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
              My friend, you know I would not steer you wrong. Take my extensive research results and recommendation that this powerful unit is your quality desktop replacement and is future proofed tech wise for a good while:

Microcenter.com has the best deals on Laptops, Notebooks, 2-in-1 Laptops, from all the brands you love such as HP, Acer, Dell, Lenovo, and more all available at your local Micro Center Computer Store!

I'm digging on this less than 1 month old unit now and more with every passing day.

I'll be happy to answer any questions. Just ask.
              I'm getting a broken link. Is it this one?

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_1ltlpzzi1e_b

Comment

• Same MFG part numbers, Bim.

I got my laptop for $935. So far, I am liking it. Edit (I bought it from the Forum link so you should be getting the associate fee for it, Deb)

I am thinking about having a CPU built for work.

I7-4470K processor
                SK1150 Asus Z87-C motherboard 4 slots for upgradeable RAM
                DDR3 8GB 1600 RAM
                250 GB HD-SSD for OS and programs boot
                3TB HD-SATS3 7200RPM 64MB Cache storage drive
                OD-DVDRW SATA 24X disc drive
                Radeon HD 6450 graphic card
                CS-Mid CMaster Elite 350 500W power supply

They are quoting $1299.95
                Last edited by Malto Marko; April 3, 2014, 08:19 AM.
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• This looks cool, even Medium Resolution, but they will be using HD feeds when it goes live. (They will broadcast a live video feed of the earth from the ISS)

A recording from earlier

Last edited by DeanUK; April 3, 2014, 09:02 AM. Reason: Typo
                  AAL Quintez Cephus
                  If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                    I'm getting a broken link. Is it this one?

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_1ltlpzzi1e_b

Yes, that's it

ASUS N550JV-DB72T

The dedicated graphics card is nice to have as well. Btw, it also comes with a little plug in bass speaker to expand the nice audio system.
                    Last edited by Panoptes; April 3, 2014, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• Re: OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post

I am thinking about having a CPU built for work.

I7-4470K processor
                      Psssssssst that I7 processor is the CPU.
                      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanUK View Post
                        This looks cool, even Medium Resolution, but they will be using HD feeds when it goes live. (They will broadscast live video feed of the earth from the ISS)

A recording from earlier

http://www.urthecast.com/firstlight?
                        Great stuff Dean! We may try to use that here at work, Thanks!!
                        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Wow, Gonz. That's awesome. i7, man. probably more than I'll even need in that machine. I did decide to go laptop, I can have 2 installations of my DJ program, so the new one will back up my MAC. Looking @ a Toshiba, i3, 6 gigs/750GB hard drive. Would be quite an upgrade from my desktop compaq with AMD 64 and 1 gig/250GB hard drive.
                          "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Toshiba Quosmio (top of the line) is the laptop I just replaced. Beware, the new Toshiba's have known poor wi-fi cards. So bad it knocked them or if the running with my decision.

Btw, the i7 would make childs play of your photo and video needs/feeds. Future proofing the best you can is what is all about when upgrading.

Best of luck with your decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanUK View Post
                              This looks cool, even Medium Resolution, but they will be using HD feeds when it goes live. (They will broadcast a live video feed of the earth from the ISS)

A recording from earlier

http://www.urthecast.com/firstlight?
                              That's really cool, Dean. Thanks for sharing it!

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                                Psssssssst that I7 processor is the CPU.
                                Tanks.

......still learnin.
                                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X