No announcement yet.

OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "My 928 for almost half a year has had a separation issue between the speaker and the port that makes it nearly impossible to hear people some times."
    -----------------------------Have you tried hearing aids?
    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
      After having a Nokia, don't think I could ever return to HTC. Nokia was always creating their own updates that would expand functionality...haven't really heard of any other manufacturer doing that (for WP). Not to mention all the apps that are Lumia-specific.

I'm also waiting on the next bigger Lumia, but for ATT.
      I know they have revised their polycarbenate casing. Which is a great setup I like the weight and the fact that I can throw it at a brick wall. But with mine its obviously a shell that isn't very precise anything that is the actual board for the phone isn't as flush as one would want it to be. It's probably my speaker issue (slight flexing works but is hard to hold and requires both hands). It's the one reason to go with the M8 besides being the only real "Blue" device out there, while not being the most reliable manufacturer, it looks like they tried on the M8. Its very solid and and very precise and flush.

But as a whole I would rather stick to Lumia (and therefore MS) in the future. But I'll need something new early next year and if Nokia isn't ready with a new series soon, then I'll have to make the jump.
      AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
        "My 928 for almost half a year has had a separation issue between the speaker and the port that makes it nearly impossible to hear people some times."
        -----------------------------Have you tried hearing aids?
        You would be surprised how little audio is generated by the speakers and the mere millimeters of space and your ear are needed reverberate the audio and amplify it. It also could be worse that the speakers is not making a connection with the board, I am just repeating what many people have had the same issue have come up with.
        AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• 928? Nice car. Have you tried rolling up the windows.

Comment

• ha!

Top, does your 928 have wireless charging? I am surprised but that has become my "I don't want to ever give this up" feature about my phone. I have wireless chargers all over the place now and it's just normal to set down my phone and have it charge.
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
              ha!

Top, does your 928 have wireless charging? I am surprised but that has become my "I don't want to ever give this up" feature about my phone. I have wireless chargers all over the place now and it's just normal to set down my phone and have it charge.
              Yeah but I never got the pillows for it. It was one of those things that I was so high on, and meant to get a charger and never got around to it.
              AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• I've really sold my Soul to MS now and got a Lumia 735 (Upgrade from the 800) to go with the Tablet. Wireless charging, although waiting on a free charging plate to come. I liked the 800 which was 7.8, but really liking the 735, great screen and just the right size.
                AAL Quintez Cephus
                If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Nice, Dean!! Does look like a sharp phone. Which color are you rocking?
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post

This forum is not recognized by Tapatalk.

How did others find us to hook up the link?
                    Any feedback help out there?
                    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• through work - iphone 6 plus on order....
                      Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Its a monstrous beast. Thought it was too big at first but won't give it up, smaller phones seem like toys now.
                        Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                          Any feedback help out there?
                          I think Deb has to activate that function.
                          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by Coop View Post
                            through work - iphone 6 plus on order....
                            I've had no issues with mine so far, Coop. I also agree with Whodean. When I picked up my old phone, it felt like a tiny toy.
                            2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• it's probably a phablet, battery life and screen size nothing to shake a stick at.
                              Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
                                Its a monstrous beast. Thought it was too big at first but won't give it up, smaller phones seem like toys now.
                                That's what Android users were saying about the tiny iphones. Welcome to the 2010s!

Comment

Working...
                                X