OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    But UKBB is right, the picture was better than any cable or satellite that I've ever seen.
    I wish the ROKU/Netflix came in that clear.
    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I have an outdoor rooftop antenna (pre-digital signal era) and a powered pre-amplifier on the mast. Picture is great and channels are many. The pre-amplifier made all the difference with the quality of the reception.

Since setting that up, I added a distribution amplifier, and now have 8 hookups in the house for digital antenna tv, which is all rock solid.

In my living room I added a Tvix antenna dvr with a 2 gig hdd, and a small pc for streaming.

I am happy.
      Last edited by dpatnod; February 2, 2015, 09:15 PM.
      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• I just have one of those basic indoor antennas that plugs in. This new TV has a much better receiver that gets the reception much better. I'd like to get a better antenna so I can get CBC and TVO.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          No it just comes over the air, you don't need anything other than an antenna. But UKBB is right, the picture was better than any cable or satellite that I've ever seen.

With ROKU or Chromecast you do get stuff from the internet. But it is kind of hit or miss, a very limited Video on Demand.
          Thinking of cutting the cord as well. The trick is Season pass on new stuff in Itunes/Google Play/Amazon video/Xbox video. Watch a day later on your time and even if you watch like 10 shows a season at $30 a pop, its still cheaper than a half a year of cable. The other 4-6 months of nothing new and your not paying for 1k channels 980 you never use and the other 20 with nothing new on. Really NHL on FSD is about the only reason to keep cable right now.
          AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
            If I need it next fall I can get that new over the web sports package (I think Dish is doing this) for $20 a month then drop it after the season ends.
            Well I guess ESPN is the only sports channel offered in this package, still it might be worth it. It would be nice if you could get a tailored sports package BTN, ESPN, Fox Sports Detroit etc...

http://about.dish.com/press-release/...ch-tvs-tablets
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Downfall with Sling TV is they are limiting it to one device at a time. For me that makes it a no go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Slight change of topic - upgraded work phone last month to the iPhone 6+ and liking it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Coop View Post
                  Downfall with Sling TV is they are limiting it to one device at a time. For me that makes it a no go.
                  Didn't know that but it wouldn't bother us much.

Comment

• double dork got an iphone case/wallet on ebay. nice fit.
                    Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• My daughter's Iphone 5C is eating up our data plan. It is using cellular data even when connected to wifi. Other than turning on and off the data when she needs to use it, does anyone have any idea how to stop this.

We have 5 lines on a 15gb shared data plan. She does not stream or download when not on wifi, but has averaged over 7gb of data usage over the last three months.

Any help?
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I have most of my apps ability to use cellular data turned off. You can do that in settings, but I don't know if that's the problem.
                        2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• It won't use cellular data if connected to WiFi
                          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Not true. The AT+T support guy I talked to today said that it would. I told him that was insane. He said that the option was to turn of cellular data so that it wouldn't use it when connected.

From what I've read on line, it is some kind of problem with the operating system

Apple blames the provider, the provider blames Apple.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Are you certain the iPhone is connecting to the Wi-Fi network properly?
                              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I think the phone is a piece of shit. We don't have that problem on our Android devices.

I would get a different phone and get rid of the damn thing, but she likes the Iphone...

Comment

Working...
                                X