OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
    My 32MB Samsung Note Edge (same release date as the Note 4) is still plugging along, error/defect free like a champ. It has a removable battery, of which I have 2 for lengthy events, a great 16MP front camera and an SD card slot (64MB in it now is plenty for me).

Newer is not always better.
    From the tech podcasts I listen to (This Week in Tech, This Week in Google and All About Android) Samsung rushed the Note 7 to market to steal Apple's thunder.
    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
      From the tech podcasts I listen to (This Week in Tech, This Week in Google and All About Android) Samsung rushed the Note 7 to market to steal Apple's thunder.
      They tried to put too much permanent battery in it versus having it be removable. Which i prefer because i can just buy and replace a battery when it dies instead of having to buy a new phone (which none of these notes are cheap).
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

My 32MB Samsung Note Edge (same release date as the Note 4) is still plugging along, error/defect free like a champ. It has a removable battery, of which I have 2 for lengthy events, a great 16MP front camera and an SD card slot (64MB in it now is plenty for me).

Newer is not always better.
        That's my phone, too
        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
          That's my phone, too
          Hows it holding up for you? Any repairs needed yet?

Comment

• The new S7 is f-ing awesome though.

Comment

• I'll keep my S5 and won't be buying another S until they bring back the swappable battery.

An android phone must have expandable memory and swappable battery to get me to look.
              The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• I just got my all time high score at Snake on my Nokia 3310. Get in!
                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by unknown lions fan View Post
                  I'll keep my S5 and won't be buying another S until they bring back the swappable battery.

An android phone must have expandable memory and swappable battery to get me to look.
                  Word

Wuts up?

Comment

Hows it holding up for you? Any repairs needed yet?
                    No, but I only got it about 7 months ago. Got it second hand. A dealer had bought all his office staff Note Edges and was now upgrading them. It was pretty mint condition and the employee who'd owned it also had an iPhone that was her regular phone so the Edge hadn't been used much.

I'd always liked it because of the functionality of the actual edge side. It's great.

The only problem I've had is for some reason the very center of the display sometimes doesn't seem to work when it's tapped. Only the very very center. Rarely ever notice it. Maybe it was due to the screen protector application I dunno.

Love the phone though. Got a UAG case to protect it. Pretty solid

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                      No, but I only got it about 7 months ago. Got it second hand. A dealer had bought all his office staff Note Edges and was now upgrading them. It was pretty mint condition and the employee who'd owned it also had an iPhone that was her regular phone so the Edge hadn't been used much.

I'd always liked it because of the functionality of the actual edge side. It's great.

The only problem I've had is for some reason the very center of the display sometimes doesn't seem to work when it's tapped. Only the very very center. Rarely ever notice it. Maybe it was due to the screen protector application I dunno.

Love the phone though. Got a UAG case to protect it. Pretty solid

https://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=...act=mrc&uact=8
                      The case looks hefty. Believe it or not, i bought a $14 Body Glove case for mine the first week i owned it and never looked back. At the price i paid and the 5 or so good drops this phone has endured, i give all the kudos to the case for saving the phone from any damage. The phone always seemed to land on one of the heavily guarded corners like a cat that always lands on its feet.

The screen should be equally responsive anywhere on the glass. Just touch the edge by accident to know what i mean. ;)

If you have a screen protector, that very well could be the issue or on the other hand, why it was a 2nd hand deal.

Comment

• The case isn't too bulky. Then again for an old phone I had an Otterbox Defender ... now that's bulky.

The edge functionality is so great though.

Comment

• My edge still grabs people's attention. I like using it as my music controller and my notification panel and for scrolling my stock numbers while the rest of the screen is off.

Comment

My edge still grabs people's attention. I like using it as my music controller and my notification panel and for scrolling my stock numbers while the rest of the screen is off.
                            I don't understand why they haven't made all of the edge phones with the functionality ours has. Oh well. Actually, one thing I've noticed (not that it matters, since I don't use it) is that the night clock on the edge screen doesn't seem to work lately. Oh well, maybe that's on me.

Comment

• I have an S7 Edge and like it. Had the S6 Active before and maybe prefer that just because the case is built in. I haven't found a reason for needing a swappable battery. I guess I had that concern when I went from my HTC One to my Windows Phone but then found I never needed to swap it, anyways. But everyone has different use cases.
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• When you are at a concert and you are taking tons of photos all day leading up to the show and long hd videos of song, it eats the Note Edge battery up pretty quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                X