OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
    Okay. Next year. I just bought my daughter a phone earlier this year and I'm not buying 2 in one calendar year. I just got this phone last year.
    "AwwwwwWWWWW, but i want one of the folding ones, Daaaaaaaad! I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!"
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• (Sold) out in one day in South Korea, but that might be less impressive than it sounds

Jacob Siegal
      September 6th, 2019 at 12:56 PM

If you thought that the long delay might deter consumers from buying the Galaxy Fold, you were mistaken. According to The Korea HeraldHeraldHeraldThe Korea Herald reports that a second round of preorders is set to open up on September 18th, and those units will ship on September 26th. The initial volume of Fold units in South Korea is expected to reach 30,000 units.

The big question now is how other markets will respond to the Galaxy Fold. Samsung confirmed
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• The *Fire Stick TV 4K w/ Alexa has:

Up to 4K Ultra HD with support for HDR, HDR 10, HDR10+, HLG, Dolby Vision

At 1/3rd the price during the current (ONGOING) sale.

*The stick has 8GB of storage (less than that is useable) versus the 16GB (less is useable) found standard in the Cube.
        Last edited by Panoptes; September 8, 2019, 08:09 AM.

Comment

• Having access to nearly every single sporting event and beyond is almost overwhelming.

So much stuff to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
            Having access to nearly every single sporting event and beyond is almost overwhelming.

So much stuff to watch.
            As long as the feed holds up.
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post

As long as the feed holds up.
              No issues for a week now with this duckduckgo.com (only because they don't track you) browser links to
              ustvgo.tv and sports24.club
              Last edited by Panoptes; September 21, 2019, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• Just a FYI, the Mexico City U F C fight tonight was available the way I like it, gratis. The main fight lasted all of 15 seconds. Called a NC.

Thankfully, nothing lost for that BS.

Comment

• Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post

No issues for a week now with this duckduckgo.com (only because they don't track you) browser links to
                    ustvgo.tv and sports24.club
                    Weather conditions were messing with the over the air reception so I gave this a try. Not 4k quality but it did work.
                    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post

"AwwwwwWWWWW, but i want one of the folding ones, Daaaaaaaad! I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!"
                      At the current post tax $2k price tag, only the most overly worshipped trust fund children are getting one of these iterations.
                      Last edited by Panoptes; September 30, 2019, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• If I may ask, what LG model?

I was an early, way over paying adapter in late 2014 when we bought a smart UHD 4k LG 65-UF9500 with web OS 2.0.

One can now buy an equal or even better smart LED level TV for less than $800. I suggest the VIZIO M series (what we bought my parents).

Also, Kodi is so 2018.

Subscribe to 'Curiosity Cafe' on YouTube for the latest and greatest use of an Amazon FSTV 4K.
                        Last edited by Panoptes; September 30, 2019, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• I just officially cut the DTV chord of 20+ years and basically gave ourselves a $1,100+ household raise.

Ask me how you can do the same.

I'm free, are you?

Comment

• You must feel very proud of yourself

Comment

• Last edited by Kstat; October 3, 2019, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X