OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• " an interesting new peripheral for the iPod"

The iGasm - no joke. Aint technology and geek stuff grand?

Suspicion breeds trust.

Comment

• Watched a news program yesterday talking about how to save gas. A study was done using UPS vehicles. In one study to get around the city, the UPS truck had to make only right turns. Then they did the study again making only left turns to arrive at the start position.

They found that mileage improved by making only left turns.

No wonder those Nascar boys only make left turns. The are smarter than we give them credit for.

Comment

• Congrats SLF!
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Tanks Malto...
          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by Coop View Post
            I bought a wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii a few weeks ago

finally caved after four months of indecisiveness - Nintendo has revolutionized gaming..........

How so?

Comment

• go play one and you'll see...
              Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• I'd rather you just tell me. Why would I want to spend my money before I have the facts. I personally haven't liked Nitendo since they recycle ever game like a thousand times. However I really would have loved to play Metriod Prime.

Comment

• Motion interaction with the games - Wii sports is the best example. To play Tennis, for example, you have to swing the wii remote just like if you were playing. Similar concepts apply to Baseball, Bowling, boxing, nd Golf.....I bought (but haven't played yet) the latest Zelda but the same concepts applies to using weapons...

It's fully Wifi and Internet capable as well and although there aren't any network capable games *yet* (the ds has them) I expect the wii to follow....
                  Got Kneecaps?

Comment

Motion interaction with the games - Wii sports is the best example. To play Tennis, for example, you have to swing the wii remote just like if you were playing. Similar concepts apply to Baseball, Bowling, boxing, nd Golf.....I bought (but haven't played yet) the latest Zelda but the same concepts applies to using weapons...

It's fully Wifi and Internet capable as well and although there aren't any network capable games *yet* (the ds has them) I expect the wii to follow....
                    Now that wasn't so hard?

While I think that is pretty cool, sometimes I like to relax in a chair and play games. If I wanted to go through the motions of playing tennis, I would go outside and do so. The Guitar hero concept is similar, but still think the people would be better served to just pick up a guitar. I guess it's like playing, but with no skill of talent involved.

Now voice based action games sounds cool. I got a headset for my PS2 Estinoge game but it really got old quickily. The headset was fun when playing Madden online, but other then alittle shit talking in was uncomfortable to be able to talk to someone you didn't know. Never played with friends which I believe would have been better.

Comment

• not like I have that much time to play games these days, but having only played it once on Xmas eve (bro in law brought his over) I got hooked.....I think Madden '07 will be really cool to play on a wii.....
                      Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Lesiure Suit Larry 12 will be a big hit on the Wii...............
                        The only logical explanation is:
                        I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• taking the concept of virtual pr0n to an entirely different level.....
                          Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• So for Madden do you put on fake pads and hit your little brother?

LOL NBT. Played that game once and it was terrible. Funny concept, but the technolgy really wasn't right.

Comment

• I would think as QB you'd be "throwing" the ball - not sure how running, receiving or defense works....

the wii is also 480p HD compliant....
                              Got Kneecaps?

Comment

the wii is also 480p HD compliant....
                                480p is not HD. The big boys (xbox, playstation) are sporting 1080p. But I think 480p is fine for the Wii target market.

Comment

Working...
                                X