• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leisure Suit Larry was one of my favorites! That shit was funny
    ------------
    <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• The Wii is really cool. I haven't been too interested in video games since Defender/Stargate but my understanding is that the 'big boys' have the hardware and gruesome games while Nintendo has the gameplay. The Wii gameplay is *really* innovative and I think until you've actually used it it's hard to grasp how cool it is. Also:

- it makes gaming more of a group activity rather than an isolating one. Watching someone play a video game is usually boring as hell but watching someone play the Wii is pretty entertaining.

- little kids can play some of the games (like boxing or bowling). No, I don't park the 4 year old in front of the tube or game console but it's really cool that she can participate with her big brothers occasionally.

Funny comment I read about Nintendos lack of hardware greatness. This guy (for real) always disassembles the latest consoles to check out the hardware. When he cracked the Wii open he found a gamecube
      Suspicion breeds trust.

Comment

• Surprised he didn't find a Nintendo 64

Comment

• Lightnin - you are correct - my brain thought HDTV during that post..
          Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• doggie - no reason to be so skeptical - darl hits it on the head. I would *NOT* have bought one until I watched/played it.
            Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• I'm spectical because I used to buy Nitendo. Then they started recycling the same games over and over. They then took all blood and voilence out of the games and I was done.

Comment

• spectical??

I don't care if there is blood or violence, so long as playing the damn thing is fun. and re: recycling games, how many times has doom been copied? 2 dozen?
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                  spectical??

I don't care if there is blood or violence, so long as playing the damn thing is fun. and re: recycling games, how many times has doom been copied? 2 dozen?
                  I think Domm is on 3 or 4. however nowhere near the number of times Mario has been recycled. I would say he has to be in over 50 Nitendo games. And Zelda the same. A couple of sequels are great but Nitendo takes it alittle far.

Also I don't care if the game has blood and violence, but on games such as Resident Evil when they remove the blood that is part of the game, it is alittle ridiculious.

Comment

• Mario is a character in many games, they aren't the same game however.

Doom has been recycled with the same game but with different characters 100 times or more. Doom, Resident Evil, Wolfenstein, Halo, Half-life....

I don't know that there is a difference in any first person shooter ever...

Comment

• I love Halo ... I don't like getting punked by a bunch of 10 year olds however on xbox live. Damn some of those kids are gooooood.
                      Forever One!

Comment

Mario is a character in many games, they aren't the same game however.

Doom has been recycled with the same game but with different characters 100 times or more. Doom, Resident Evil, Wolfenstein, Halo, Half-life....

I don't know that there is a difference in any first person shooter ever...
                        resident Evil isn't a first person shooter. I thinnk they had one version that was, but all the others are not. Halo is, but it is alot different then Doom. Never played the others.

Comment

• See bad guy, point gun, shoot.

Yup, totally different game altogether...

Comment

See bad guy, point gun, shoot.

Yup, totally different game altogether...

Well under that broad umbrella almost every game is the same. You could even put most Mario games in that catagory.

Doom and Halo are both first person perspectives. Resident evil is not. Futhermore you solve much more puzzles in rsident evil then Halo or Doom.

Comment

• Mario Cart and Super Mario brothers are not nearly the same...

Comment

• A wee bit off subject, but still a technology & geek thing....

Leti picked up 2 huge bags of free toys today. As she's going through them, she finds a vtech (like a psp for smaller kids) with 2 games in it in like new condition. The vtech itself is about $80 new and the games are about $20 each new, so she was pretty damn happy.

When she gets through sorting out all of the toys, she'll clean them up/wash them and we'll donate most of them to a local charity.

Comment

Working...
                                X