OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GONZ View Post

The current and coming numbers indicate otherwise.
    Please expound. White House has always tried to control economic numbers. I have not seen many numbers that tell me that the economy is still in a downward spiral.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• we are in the first part of a double dip recession.... the fundementals all still blow, and the new debt is starting to crush the country.
      The only logical explanation is:
      I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Where'd you get that Deac?
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• just reading the tea leaves......... but I am not the only one reading them that way.

hell, they think the jobs lost in Michigan may come back somewhere around 2015.........
          The only logical explanation is:
          I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• I dunno, I think we're on our way to recovery. I mean, the money supply has doubled in a year, so eventually we'll all have twice as much money in our pockets. And the State is creating jobs - digging holes and refilling them - that's creating wealth, so we'll all be spending more. We just need the government to do more, and it'll get the economy back on track.
            The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• MM,

I am also reading the tea leaves but Deac posted some decent back up for my train of thought.

The gvt is trying to "deac" the public into spending their money to move things along but the public seems to properly sense that things are not better on their main street.
              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Hmmm, reguarding our popularity sliding Pres, O-Bummer, told you so.:-)
                "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• This isn't the thread for that.
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• On topic: My work calls run through a client on my computer (Interaction Client - Interactive Intelligence). When a call comes in, it alerts me on the computer, I click "Pick Up" and it then rings to my house phone line. It's a cool system but I'm trying to figure out a way to click "pick up" without being at the PC. Any ideas, geeks?

The thought is, it'd be nice to be able to be in a different part of the house when a call came in and still be able to pick it up. I do have a wireless headset I can use but of course it only picks up the call once it rings to the house line. I need some mechanism that till tell the PC to click the pick up button.
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                      On topic: My work calls run through a client on my computer (Interaction Client - Interactive Intelligence). When a call comes in, it alerts me on the computer, I click "Pick Up" and it then rings to my house phone line. It's a cool system but I'm trying to figure out a way to click "pick up" without being at the PC. Any ideas, geeks?

The thought is, it'd be nice to be able to be in a different part of the house when a call came in and still be able to pick it up. I do have a wireless headset I can use but of course it only picks up the call once it rings to the house line. I need some mechanism that till tell the PC to click the pick up button.
                      When you pickup on the computer are you not doing so through your home phone line? What would you be using at that point? Mic and Headset?
                      AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• You can't disable the client and allow all cals to come through regardless? What is it used for?
                        ------------
                        <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
                          When you pickup on the computer are you not doing so through your home phone line? What would you be using at that point? Mic and Headset?
                          No, there's a "pick up" button on the client that then forwards the call to whatever number is specified. There isn't a way to configure the client to just bypass that and ring directly to the land line.
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
                            You can't disable the client and allow all cals to come through regardless? What is it used for?
                            The client is part of a huge call management system where all of our calls are routed/recorded/forwarded to voicemail/etc. No, there's no getting around using it.
                            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• So maybe I need some sort of remote that could trigger a macro that would "click" that pick up button.
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                                So maybe I need some sort of remote that could trigger a macro that would "click" that pick up button.
                                That's not a bad idea but the trick would be figuring out how the PC would "know" that the pickup button is on the screen and run the macro. It would be nice if it was set up for some kind of VOIP plugin and you could pick it up from the computer with a bluetooth headset.
                                AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

Working...
                                X