Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and really, Woody Hayes?
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Woody graduated his students and was never investigated for cheating. People that came through his program had a very high respect for him and often said he had a huge influence on their life. To doubt Woody belongs in the same conversation shows your lack of understanding of the role of a college coach in the years that Hayes coached.
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Coaches like Bo Schembechler, Woody Hayes, John Wooden, and Pat Summit have stood for integrity and honor and were unimpeachable
        Actually Woody belongs in the same category as Paterno.

A coach that will forever have a "but..." associated with his name.

To call his integrity unimpeachable and include him in the same category with Wooden and Summit is laughable.

Woody Hayes? Really?

Try again.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmoIjMr1BZs"]Woody Hayes vs Charlie Bauman - 1978 Gator Bowl - YouTube[/ame]
        Last edited by CGVT; January 24, 2012, 09:01 AM.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Off the field his character was unimpeachable. He threw tanrums on the sidelines. Mr Schembechler did too (though not quite as volcanic as hayes). Now if you are not just some U-M slappy who only saw Woody as the great statan then you know he did as much and cared for his players as much as Paterno did.
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• But don't try to tell me his character was "unimpeachable"

I'll agree with you on Wooden and Summit and toss in Eddie Robinson. I'm sure that there are many more that set a higher standard that don't immediately come to mind.

As I said, Woody belongs in the same category as Paterno, his "oh shit" mars his legacy.

Comment

• I'm ok with putting those two on the same level.

Comment

• Who's this Staton character?
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Could it be...Staton!?

Comment

• ^ is that Garth from Wayne's world? ^
                    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• the same person plays both.....but that is the Church Lady
                      AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                      2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                      3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                      4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                      5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                      6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                      7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Doh! Dyslexic fingers strike again! It used to make things unpredictable for my girlfriend (back when I had one)

Comment

• Just messin' Tony.
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I was going to say I didn't know if that was a Freudian slip on how I felt about our 3rd string QB (almost comparing him to the devil)

Comment

• HA! I thought of that as well.
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Could it be...Staton!?
                                Awesome.
                                2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

Working...
                                X