No announcement yet.

Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow...I bet this will not make my wife happy even though she routinely bagged on SEAU from behind the bench at SD games about how shitty his restaurant was.

RIP dude
    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
      I read he's the 8th member of the 1994 Chargers to die too.
      BOSS ROSS hiding a voodoo doll somewhere?

Comment

• Yeah Frank was going to post that also.....I really think its time to take a further look at steroids (any PED Really) and really push hard to get the stuff out of every sport....Far too many young athletes are dying before even the age of 50 nowadays

Comment

• OCEANSIDE, Calif. -- Former NFL star Junior Seau was found dead at his home Wednesday, authorities said.
          Police Lt. Karen Laser confirmed the death and U-T San Diego reported that a 911 call came from the home at 10 a.m.
          Oceanside police chief Frank McCoy said Wednesday afternoon that a woman who identified herself as Seau's girlfriend said she discovered Seau with a gunshot wound to his chest. The spokesman said police found a handgun near Seau and the incident is being investigated as a suicide.
          Seau was a standout linebacker with the University of Southern California before going to the San Diego Chargers, whom he led to the Super Bowl following the 1994 season.
          "Everyone at the Chargers is in complete shock and disbelief right now. We ask everyone to stop what they're doing and send their prayers to Junior and his family," the team said in a statement.
          Seau remained with the Chargers until 2003 and went on to play with the Miami Dolphins and New England Patriots before retiring after the 2009 season.
          Seau's death sent ripples throughout the sports world.
          "Wow shocked right now, I tapped Juniors picture every single day before heading out to practice at USC. R.I.P. to a legend n awesome person," Texans linebacker and fellow USC alumnus Brian Cushing wrote on his Facebook page.
          In October 2010, Seau survived a 100-foot plunge down a seaside cliff in his SUV, hours after he was arrested for investigation of domestic violence at the Oceanside home he shared with his girlfriend. The woman had told authorities that Seau assaulted her during an argument.
          There was no evidence of drugs or alcohol involved in the crash and Seau told authorities he fell asleep while driving. He sustained minor injuries.
          Seau spent parts of 20 seasons in the NFL, including 1990-2002 with his hometown Chargers. He led them to their only Super Bowl appearance, was voted to a team-record 12 straight Pro Bowls and was an All-Pro six times.
          He amassed 545 tackles, 56? sacks and 18 interceptions in his career.
          "Twenty years, to be part of this kind of fraternity, to be able to go out and play the game that you love, and all the lessons and the friends and acquaintances which you meet along the way, you can't be in a better arena," Seau said last August after the Chargers announced he would be inducted into the team's Hall of Fame.
          Seau was with the Chargers from 1990, when he was the fifth pick overall in the draft out of Southern California, until being traded to the Miami Dolphins after the 2002 season. He came out of retirement a few times to play with the Patriots in search of a Super Bowl ring and was with the team when they lost to the New York Giants in the Super Bowl following the 2007 season, which ended New England's quest for a perfect season.
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• RIP Junior.
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• What are the odds we see evidence of brain damage from hits to the head a la Probert?

RIP indeed.
              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                What are the odds we see evidence of brain damage from hits to the head a la Probert?

RIP indeed.
                I don't know. Sure someone can turn it into that. But really the guy had impeccable history for 20 years in the NFL and immediately had issues the first year after his retirement. Just sounds like he couldn't cope with every day life.

RIP Jr.
                AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Yep to be clear I'm not making that conclusion. Just wondering if it was a factor or might be viewed as a factor even if it wasn't.
                  Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

He amassed 545 tackles, 56? sacks and 18 interceptions in his career.....
                    They might want to put a 1, in front of that 545......

Comment

• im shocked... grew watching junior play, a hall of famer
                      AAL 2013: Joseph Fauria

Comment

• The gun shot was to his chest. Maybe he wants someone to do an autopsy on his brain (post concussive syndrome).

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                          she routinely bagged on SEAU from behind the bench at SD games about how shitty his restaurant was.
                          lol.. sounds like you have a feisty one on your hands Gonz!
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                            lol.. sounds like you have a feisty one on your hands Gonz!
                            I called her from work at her work to tell her what SEAU did and she was speechless.

When I sat and talked with her at night, she was deeply saddened and was watching a bunch of news about his suicide.

I told her, What are you acting all sad for. You used to ream him.

She looked at me with tears in her eyes and said, "Yeah, I'm feeling kind of guilty about that" and then gave me her smirk that said, not really.

She was bummed he did that to his family.

Comment

• RIP MCA- The Beastie Boys are one of my favorites.

Comment

• Shit. The passing of MCA really hurts. And you'd think MTV could interrupt one of their pathetic reality shows on one of their pathetic channels to show some respect and play some Beasties.

Comment

Working...
                                X