• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me too Malto.

RIP Newkirk.
    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I didn't know he was still alive. RIP.

Comment

• Ray Bradbury, beloved science fiction author, dies

Science fiction writer Ray Bradbury looks at a picture that was part of a school project to illustrate characters ?

Ray Bradbury, author of Fahrenheit 451, The Martian Chronicles, and other beloved science fiction novels, died Wednesday at the age of 91, according to the i09 science fiction blog.
        "His legacy lives on in his monumental body of books, film, television and theater, but more importantly, in the minds and hearts of anyone who read him, because to read him was to know him. He was the biggest kid I know," his grandson told i09.

Bradbury's books sold eight million copies in 36 languages, according to The New York Times' obit. "By many estimations Mr. Bradbury was the writer most responsible for bringing modern science fiction into the literary mainstream," the Times writes. He attributed his success as a writer to never having gone to college--instead, he read and wrote voraciously.

Bradbury recently wrote a short essay responding to his favorite Snoopy comic strip about how much rejection he faced when he first began writing. "Starting when I was fifteen I began to send short stories to magazines like Esquire, and they, very promptly, sent them back two days before they got them! I have several walls in several rooms of my house covered with the snowstorm of rejections, but they didn't realize what a strong person I was; I persevered and wrote a thousand more dreadful short stories, which were rejected in turn," he wrote.

Ray Bradbury, author of "Fahrenheit 451," "The Martian Chronicles" and other iconic science fiction novels, died Tuesday night at the age of 91, according to The Associated Press. "His legacy lives on in his monumental body of books, film, television and theater, but more importantly, in the minds and hearts of anyone who read him, because [...]
        AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
        2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
        3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
        4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
        5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
        6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
        7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• RIP Mr. Bradbury
          Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Ray Bradbury was a life changer for me.

When I was around 8 or 9 years old, I remember my older sister bringing a Ray Bradbury collection of short stories home from high school for an assignment. I picked it up out of curiousity (it had a cool cover) and read "The Small Assassin".

I did not sleep well that night.

Comment

• RIP.
              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• they are dropping like flies...
                Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• I had no idea he was still alive. I just read 451 last month and it blew me away for how much was spun into a relatively modest novel. RIP
                  Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• RIP Ray Bradbury. :(
                    2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• RIP Ray.
                      "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• "Those who don’t build must burn. It’s as old as history and juvenile delinquents."
                        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I'm seventeen and I'm crazy. My uncle says the two always go together. When people ask your age, he said, always say seventeen and insane.

Comment

• Police: Musician Bob Welch kills self

By Alan Duke, CNN
                            updated 7:50 PM EDT, Thu June 7, 2012

Bob Welch played guitar with Fleetwood Mac starting from 1971 to 1974.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
                            • NEW: Welch's death is "devastating" and "so,so sad," Fleetwood Mac's Stevie Nicks says
                            • Welch's wife found his body in their Nashville home Thursday afternoon, police say
                            • "All indications are that it was a suicide," a police spokesman says
                            • Welch played guitar with Fleetwood Mac from 1971 until late 1974

(CNN) -- Bob Welch, a guitarist who played with Fleetwood Mac before launching a solo career, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to his chest, Nashville, Tennessee, police said Thursday. He was 66.
                            Welch's wife found his body in their Nashville home about 12:15 p.m., Nashville Police spokesman Don Aaron said.
                            "All indications are that it was a suicide," Aaron said. A suicide note was found, he said.
                            Welch played guitar with Fleetwood Mac starting in 1971. He left the group in late 1974, just before Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks joined the group.
                            Nicks said in a statement that Welch's death was "devastating."
                            "I had many great times with him after Lindsey and I joined Fleetwood Mac," singer Nicks said. "He was an amazing guitar player -- he was funny, sweet -- and he was smart.
                            "I am so very sorry for his family and for the family of Fleetwood Mac -- so,so sad," Nicks said.
                            Welch's biggest hits, "Sentimental Lady" and "Ebony Eyes" came from his debut solo album "French Kiss," released in November 1977.

Comment

• RIP
                              Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

Comment

• RIP Bob.
                                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X