Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Andy Griffith :(
    2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Greatest show in television history IMO. Mayberrry gang waiting on opie and Gomer in heaven

. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF-eYA5XifI&feature=related"]Barney on Dogs and Giraffes from The Andy Griffith Show - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• RIP Andy.
        AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
        2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
        3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
        4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
        5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
        6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
        7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Mayberrry gang waiting on opie and Gomer in heaven
          Here's hoping they are waiting a long while!!
          AKA Dave Lubin

Comment

• I have travelled through Mount Airy and driven past the famous Pilot Mountain or Mt Pilot as Barney used to say. I would have thought that at the city limits sign or somewhere in the core of the city there would have been recognition of Andy. There may be something, but I surely haven't seen it.

I always thought there should be a billboard, "Welcome to Mt Airy, AKA Mayberry, the home of Andy Griffith.

Comment

• My favorite show as a kid. What television ought to be. Andy Griffith seemed like a real decent human being.
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• "seemed like"?????
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• you've never seen A Face In The Crowd?
                  Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Just saw it again a couple of weeks ago. Great movie.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                      "seemed like"?????

Seeing as how I never met the man, I can only go by what I saw of him on television. That should be obvious.

Comment

• "Seeing as how I never met the man, I can only go by what I saw of him on television. That should be obvious."
                        -----------------------I thought you were talking about the character he player in the show. That's pretty obvious.
                        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• The character and the man were both named Andy, so I guess there might be room for confusion, but Andy the sheriff's last name was Taylor. I said Andy Griffith seemed like a decent human being. Andy and Opie reminded mean of my dad and me. I still get teary-eyed watching them interact at times where Opie is learning some hard lesson.

Comment

• Ya, but the name of the show was the Andy Griffith show. My mistake. Sorry.
                            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• No apology necessary. :-)

Comment

• Oscar winner Ernest Borgnine dead at 95

By Christopher Weber, Associated Press

Updated 8m ago

LOS ANGELES – Ernest Borgnine, the beefy screen star known for blustery, often villainous roles, but who won the best-actor Oscar for playing against type as a lovesick butcher in Marty in 1955, died Sunday. He was 95.
                                • Mark J Terrill, AP
                                  Actor Ernest Borgnine died at the age of 95 with his family by his side.

Enlarge

Mark J Terrill, AP
                                Actor Ernest Borgnine died at the age of 95 with his family by his side.

Sponsored Links

His longtime spokesman, Harry Flynn, told The Associated Press that Borgnine died at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center with his family by his side.
                                Television fans loved Borgnine as the scheming Navy officer in the sitcom McHale's Navy. Borgnine was also known as the heavy who beats up Frank Sinatra in "From Here to Eternity" and one of the thugs who menaces Spencer Tracy in Bad Day at Block Rock
                                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

Working...
                                X