• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherman Hemsley has passed away.

RIP George Jefferson
    Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Moving on up to that deluxe apartment in the sky. I watched a lot of The Jefferson's in my day.

RIP.

Comment

• The guy who wrote Encyclopedia Brown died recently.

Jul 16 2012 12:05 PM ET

'Encyclopedia Brown' author dies at age 87

by Stephan Lee
        Tags: Children's Books, In Memoriam, News

Donald J. Sobol, creator of the Encyclopedia Brown series for children, died at age 87 on July 11. Over the course of his mystery writing career, which began in 1959 with Two-Minute Mysteries, Sobol wrote more than 65 books and won a special Edgar Award in 1976.
        The Encyclopedia Brown series centers on Leroy “Encyclopedia” Brown, a boy detective nicknamed for his vast knowledge of facts, who helps his police chief father solve local cases, usually by dinner time. Sobol came up with the concept when he came across a book by chance at the New York Public Library. The book had puzzles on one side of the page and solutions on the other, and it occurred to him to write a mystery book in the same style. Since the publication of the first Encyclopedia Brown novel in 1963, the books have never been out of print and have been translated into 12 languages.
        He is survived by his wife, Rose; a sister, Helen; three children Diane, Eric and John; and four grandchildren, Gregory, Bryan, Lauren and Nicholas.
        Did you grow up with Encyclopedia Brown, Bugs Meany, and Sally Kimball?
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• RIP people.
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Sherman Hemsley has died...

(CNN) -- Sherman Hemsley, who played the brash George Jefferson on "All in the Family" and "The Jeffersons," died Tuesday at age 74, his booking agent said.
            Hemsley played Jefferson, a wisecracking owner of a dry cleaners, on "All In the Family" from 1973 until 1975, when the spinoff "The Jeffersons" began an 11-season run.

Hemsley also played Deacon Ernest Frye in the sitcom "Amen."

Norman Lear, the creator of "All in the Family," told Larry King in 2001 that he discovered Hemsley doing a Broadway play "Purlie."

He remembered him "singing and dancing, and [Hemsley] was one of the most unique actors on the stage."

Hemsley was nominated for an Emmy in 1985, but lost to Bill Cosby.

Sherman Hemsley, who played the brash George Jefferson on “All in the Family” and “The Jeffersons,” died Tuesday at 74, his booking agent said.
            "We'll know for the first time if we're evil or divine. We're the last in line." - Ronnie James Dio

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
              Sherman Hemsley has passed away.

RIP George Jefferson
              He was one squirrelly gay guy
              Last edited by Panoptes; July 24, 2012, 09:22 PM.
              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Wow, way too many going away fast, RIP everyone.
                "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Geoffrey Hughes......, better known as Eddie Yeates, (you'll know him Dean if you are anywhere near 40)....., died today, 68. Prostate Cancer.

RIP Eddie.
                  "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Lupe Ontiveros dies at 69

Actress Lupe Ontiveros, who co-starred in the hit films "Selena" and "As Good As It Gets," has died of liver cancer, her publicists said Friday. She was 69.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzcyXXqQ7RU"]Sell Crazy Someplace Else! (As Good As It Gets) - YouTube[/ame]
                    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                      Geoffrey Hughes......, better known as Eddie Yeates, (you'll know him Dean if you are anywhere near 40)....., died today, 68. Prostate Cancer.

RIP Eddie.
                      Indeed, just got in from camping so have on only just read this RIP.
                      AAL Quintez Cephus
                      If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• I'm surprised no one has mentioned Gore Vidal passing away yet.
                        2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• I was busy doing my hair.
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Inventor of the internet based hair club for men...

Comment

• I thought he died a long time ago
                              Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• He did die a long time ago......, but I still think its too Sassoon for jokes.
                                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Working...
                                X