Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heart attack at 51. Geez!
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Awful news, he just had a daughter in 2012 too. RIP

Comment

• RIP Tony Soprano.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Still can't believe this one...

Comment

• "Heart attack at 51. Geez!"
            -------------------A friends brother had a heart attack at 40. One never knows.
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Sometimes there is no warning whatsoever, I have heard of people who have had no problems whatsoever, and then next thing you know they die of massive heart attacks.
              AKA Dave Lubin

Comment

• Sounds like my friends brother. He jogged and ate semi healthy I was told. Never know.
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Corey Monteith star of tge TV series Glee was found dead in Vancouver. Sounds like he had a drug problem
                  AKA Dave Lubin

Comment

• he had one for at least the last 12 years of his life. He was 31
                    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Finn = Finis
                      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• That's a shame.
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• they said he got into drugs at 13 and had an intervention when he was 17.
                          Not only man to man.......but as fact.
                          (AAL) 2011 - Tony Scheffler

Comment

• RIP British comedian, Mel Smith of "Not the nine o'clock news" fame and "Alas Smith & Jones". 60 years old.

Genuinely unhappy about this. Very funny and brilliant man.
                            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• On this day in history...

Events

1903 ? The Ford Motor Company ships its first car.
                              1932 ? In Washington, D.C., police fire tear gas on World War I veterans, part of the Bonus Expeditionary Force, who attempt to march to the White House.
                              1934 ? Labor unrest in the U.S.: as police in Minneapolis fire upon striking truck drivers, during the Minneapolis Teamsters Strike of 1934, killing two and wounding sixty-seven.
                              1934 ? 1934 West Coast waterfront strike: In Seattle, Washington, police fire tear gas on and club 2,000 striking longshoremen. The governor of Oregon calls out the National Guard to break a strike on the Portland docks.
                              1944 ? World War II: Adolf Hitler survives an assassination attempt led by German Army Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg.
                              1960 ? The Polaris missile is successfully launched from a submarine, the USS George Washington, for the first time.
                              1968 ? The first International Special Olympics Summer Games are held at Soldier Field in Chicago, Ill, with about 1,000 athletes with intellectual disabilities.
                              1969 ? Apollo program: Apollo 11 successfully makes the first manned landing on the Moon in the Sea of Tranquility. Americans Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin become the first humans to walk on the Moon almost 7 hours later. (US Time)
                              1976 ? The American Viking 1 lander successfully lands on Mars.
                              1977 ? Johnstown, Pennsylvania is hit by a flash flood that kills eighty and causes $350 million in damage.
                              1977 ? The Central Intelligence Agency releases documents under the Freedom of Information Act revealing it had engaged in mind control experiments.
                              1997 ? The fully restored USS Constitution (aka Old Ironsides) celebrates its 200th birthday by setting sail for the first time in 116 years.
                              2012 ? During a midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises, a gunman opens fire at a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, killing 12 people and injuring 58.

Births

356 BC ? Alexander the Great, Macedonian king (d. 323 BC)
                              1822 ? Gregor Mendel, German scientist (d. 1884)
                              1919 ? Edmund Hillary, New Zealand mountaineer and explorer (d. 2008 )
                              1929 ? Mike Ilitch, American businessman, co-founded Little Caesars
                              1930 ? Chuck Daly, American basketball coach (d. 2009)
                              1938 ? Tony Oliva, Cuban baseball player
                              1938 ? Diana Rigg, English actress
                              1938 ? Natalie Wood, American actress (d. 1981)
                              1947 ? Carlos Santana, Mexican-American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Santana)
                              1958 ? Billy Mays, American advertising salesman (d. 2009)
                              1964 ? Chris Cornell, American singer-songwriter and musician (Soundgarden, Audioslave, and Temple of the Dog)
                              1973 ? Peter Forsberg, Swedish ice hockey player
                              1978 ? Pavel Datsyuk, Russian ice hockey player
                              1980 ? Gisele B?ndchen, Brazilian model and actress

Deaths

1923 ? Pancho Villa, Mexican general (b. 1878)
                              1973 ? Bruce Lee, Chinese-American actor, poet, instructor of Jun Fan Gung Fu, filmmaker, and martial artist, invented Jeet Kune Do (b. 1940)
                              2005 ? James Doohan, Canadian actor (b. 1920)
                              2013 ? Helen Thomas, American journalist (b. 1920)

Comment

• Good stuff Tony. Thanks.

Maybe we should have a dedicated thread?

Comment

Working...
                                X