• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Olympics James Bond stuntman killed
      8:29 AM, August 15, 2013 |

Mark Sutton who parachuted dressed as James Bond as part of the London 2012 Opening Ceremony, has died in an wing-diving accident. / Michael Regan / Getty Images

GENEVA ? The British stuntman who parachuted into the London Olympics opening ceremony as James Bond has been killed in an accident in the Swiss Alps while flying a special wing suit.

Online extreme sports broadcaster Epic TV says Mark Sutton died during a gathering it had organized involving 20 wing suit pilots who were being filmed as they jumped from helicopters.

Swiss police confirmed that a 42-year-old Briton died Wednesday in a fall near Trient in the Valais region.

The 2012 Summer Games opening ceremony memorably included Sutton as a Bond double jumping with another stuntman dressed as a skydiving Queen Elizabeth II.

Valais police said Thursday that Sutton jumped from a helicopter at 3,300 meters (10,800 feet) but fell to his death after crashing into a mountain ridge.
      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• This is all over the news here, Deborah and its a topic on BBC Radio Two. Such a sad loss. But as has been said on the Radio, he was always more likely to live a shorter life than most people. Still tragic though.

RIP Mark
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• The British stuntman who parachuted into the London Olympics opening ceremony as James Bond has been killed in an accident in the Swiss Alps while flying a special wing suit.
          The wing suits themselves are not dangerous. Zipping past/over/through large mountain type obstacles ay high rates of speed is though.
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I have a similar view on Motorbikes. They are not dangerous...... It's the knobends that ride them. Not that Mark was a knobend you understand..... He has an excuse, he was a stuntman. Sadly most motorcyclist THINK they are stuntmen.
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• ‘That ’70s Show’ Star Lisa Robin Kelly Dead at Age 43

by Anna Klassen Aug 15, 2013 4:00 PM EDT ‘That ’70s Show’ actress Lisa Robin Kelly died in her sleep Wednesday evening after checking into a rehab facility.

That ’70s Show star Lisa Robin Kelly has died at age 43.

The actress, who played older sister Laurie Forman on the hit show, passed away in her sleep Wednesday night in a California rehab facility following a cardiac arrest. Kelly’s agent Craig Wyckoff said, "I spoke to her on Monday, and she was hopeful and confident, looking forward to putting this part of her life behind her. Last night she lost the battle."

Munawar Hosain/Fotos International/Getty
              Kelly, who has a long history of DUI charges, had voluntarily checked herself into the facility this week. According to TMZ, Kelly had been in and out of rehab facilities and most recently fell off the wagon after a heated argument with her estranged husband, Robert Gilliam. While Kelly had filed for divorce from Gilliam in July, her husband was convicted of domestic battery last month for beating Kelly and served 35 days in jail along with a three-year probation sentence.

Kelly’s boyfriend blames Gilliam for the relapse. In June Kelly was arrested on DUI charges, her fourth arrest in the last three years. In November 2010, Kelly was sentenced to 12 months of unsupervised probation after pleading guilty to drunken driving. And in March 2012, she was arrested (and later released on $50,000 bail) for corporal injury upon a spouse.

In April Kelly [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg8CRplbP4k&feature=player_embedded"]spoke to ABC News[/ame] about her struggles, admitting that alcohol was the reason she was fired from That ’70s Show. “I lost a baby, and as a result of that, I lost everything,” she said. “I was abusing alcohol, which I no longer do.”

After That ’70s Show, Kelly appeared in a few other projects, including a comedy short and The Food Chain: A Hollywood Scarytale.
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Wow what a shame!
                AKA Dave Lubin

Comment

• Blue Oyster Cult Founding Keyboardist/Guitarist Allen Lanier Dead at 67 RIP

Comment

• RIP

[ame]http://youtu.be/tn6Bsg32AI8[/ame]

Comment

• [ame]http://youtu.be/I0X5YpOkSz4[/ame]

Comment

• RIP Allen.
                        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Lee Thompson Young, Star of 'The Famous Jett Jackson,' Commits Suicide

by Kevin Fallon Aug 19, 2013 3:08 PM EDT Disney-star-turned-'Rizzoli & Isles'-actor Lee Thompson Young died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound Monday. A look back at his too-short career.

The narrative is tragically familiar. Rizzoli & Isles actor Lee Thompson Young, who got his big break in the title of the popular Disney Channel series The Famous Jett Jackson when he was just 14, died Monday of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. He was 29.

Lee Thompson Young was found dead with an apparent self inflicted gunshot wound in his apartment. (Robert Voets/UPN, via Getty)
                          His publicist confirmed to TMZ that the death was a suicide: “It is with great sadness that I announce that Lee Thompson Young tragically took his own life this morning…Lee was more than just a brilliant young actor, he was a wonderful and gentle soul who will be truly missed.”

Young is part of the stable of actors (Raven Symone, Shia LaBeouf, Melissa Joan Hart) who holds a nostalgic place in the hearts of millennials who grew up watching him on TV. On The Famous Jett Jackson, Young played an actor who moves the production of his secret-agent TV show to his North Carolina hometown to be closer to friends.

Check out a personal favorite moment from the show, when Jett Jackson shares the screen with Beyonc? and Destiny’s Child:

The show, along with Even Stevens, Lizzie Maguire, and So Weird, was among the Disney Channel’s first original series. Its success—owed largely to Young’s relatable, charismatic performance—paved the way for more recent star-making hits Wizards of Waverly Place (Selena Gomez), Hannah Montana (Miley Cyrus), and Sonny With a Chance (Demi Lovato).

In the years after Jett Jackson’s cancellation, Young worked continuously, appearing in guest spots on TV shows The Guardian, Smallville, and South Beach. In 2004, he played running back Chris Comer in the film Friday Night Lights, and costarred with Keke Palmer in the 2006 indie hit Akeelah at the Bee.

He was part of the last season of Scrubs in 2009, playing a cocky surgical intern:

He’s been a cast member on the TNT drama Rizzoli & Isles since its pilot episode, playing Detective Barry Frost, a computer whiz-kid investigator whose technical prowess is humbled by his squeamishness—he becomes ill at the very sight of blood.

“We are without the words to truly express our collective grief and profound sadness at the loss of such a sweet, bright light,” Rizzoli & Isles creator Janet Tamaro [ame="https://twitter.com/JanetTamaro/statuses/369520958588993538"]tweeted[/ame] just after the news broke.

Comment

• I really must be getting old.....I have no idea who this actor was. RIP young man.
                            AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                            2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                            3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                            4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                            5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                            6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                            7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Yeah me too...I've never heard of him or the show.

Comment

• I remember him from Scrubs.
                                ------------
                                <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

Working...
                                X