No announcement yet.

Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LIVE VIDEO: Nelson Mandela, revered statesman who led South Africa out of apartheid, has died at 95, country's president says.
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Quote:
      I would actually think that I would rather have people attempting to drive fast and aggressive would be better for the most part because at least going 120 down the highway they would pay more attention to the road.
      End Quote:

What a great way to be cool with young pricks on the road. Love it.

But yes, I understand that aggressive driving has been part of the films for decades....., my point was, these films seem to be solely about driving and it's full of young people. Was just wondering if this series of films could be influential to young people.
      The main reason I ask is because people are almost killed every day in Tesco car parks around Scotland....., kids all out there doing all sorts of stunts. Don't get me wrong, me and my mates got up to all sorts of shit back in day with our cars, but we used to head to less urban areas. The kids here in Queensferry race about all around the streets. It's that change that makes me wonder if films like F&F have an influence.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Yes, RIP, Nelson Mandela.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Yeah if anyone has deserved to rest in peace after all the shit he's been through, it's him.
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I was sure he'd make it to 100. The man seemed ageless.

Comment

• RIP Nelson Mandela.

I was in Amsterdam with a good friend of mine on the day that he was released from prison. It was one of the most beautiful things that I have ever experienced - when the news broke, thousands of people of every age, sex, race, and nationality flooded the streets of Amsterdam in spontaneous celebration, dancing, singing, hugging each other. It went on for hours, and you would occasionally look up and see little old ladies waving dish towels out the windows of their homes, blowing kisses, etc. just an amazing night all around.
              "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• RIP Mr. Mandela.

Nice story, Kay.
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                  Quote:
                  I would actually think that I would rather have people attempting to drive fast and aggressive would be better for the most part because at least going 120 down the highway they would pay more attention to the road.
                  End Quote:

What a great way to be cool with young pricks on the road. Love it.

But yes, I understand that aggressive driving has been part of the films for decades....., my point was, these films seem to be solely about driving and it's full of young people. Was just wondering if this series of films could be influential to young people.
                  The main reason I ask is because people are almost killed every day in Tesco car parks around Scotland....., kids all out there doing all sorts of stunts. Don't get me wrong, me and my mates got up to all sorts of shit back in day with our cars, but we used to head to less urban areas. The kids here in Queensferry race about all around the streets. It's that change that makes me wonder if films like F&F have an influence.
                  I'll say that it's probably the opposite. FF is a result of a culture that they adopted into a centerpoint of a movie. That and FF stopped being about the underground racing scene at #3.
                  AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• RIP Nelson Mandela.
                    2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Nikki Finke?s Unbelievable Nelson Mandela Tweet Inspires Hilarious #FinkeObits Hashtag

by Josh Feldman | 6:50 pm, December 5th, 2013 14

Hollywood blogger (formerly of Deadline) Nikki Finke took to Twitter, as most of us did, to remember the life and legacy of Nelson Mandela. But because of the industry she?s in, Finke approached the subject from a? slightly different angle.

The tweet inspired some bewildered and quite harsh reactions on Twitter, but no reaction was better than the trend that kicked off in the immediate aftermath: #FinkeObits.

Finke did address the haters after feeling some of the social media pushback.

Not helping.
                        [photos via screengrab]

Comment

• RIP Mr. Mandela.

Very beautiful story Kay!

Comment

• why, WDIV, why?

Comment

• What a monstrosity of a blunder

Comment

• Here you go RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X