Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ame]http://youtu.be/tbU3zdAgiX8[/ame]
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
      RIP James Avery (Uncle Phil from fresh prince of bel air/Shredder from the TMNT Saturday morning cartoons). Died following surgery at 65.

First film appearance: Blues Brothers 1980
      First tv appearance: Dukes of Hazzard episode-"Cool hands, Luke & Bo" 1984
      (both uncredited)

RIP Uncle Phil
      "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• RIP

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDv4fnwCSg4"]The Everly Brothers- Wake Up Little Susie - YouTube[/ame]
        "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• RIP Phil Everly

The Everly Brothers were one of my Mum's favourites, she's seen them about four times, luckily at the smallish theatre in Oxford on their very last tour in 2005.
          AAL Quintez Cephus
          If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• When I was 16 or so My girlfriend and I broke up. I was kind've down so I went to the "Disc Shop" (That was the actual store name.) The Everly Brothers had a hit song at the time called "Ebony Eyes." I really didn't like the song all that much, but the "B" side..."Walk Right Back" was at the top of my favourites list and I thought it was a great way to win her back. I bought the 45 then handed it to her at school the next day. That evening she phoned me at home and said.. "I don't have Ebony Eyes you idiot!!!"
            [ame]http://youtu.be/k02gi1lciHg[/ame]
            Last edited by The Cat; January 7, 2014, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• As a continuation of the above...About a week later I was deejaying a school dance and at one point on the mic "I announced, "We have a request to send this next one out to Rhona"....I played "Walk Right Back" and before you know it she appeared at the foot of the stage. Thankyou Don and Phil.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Cat View Post
                When I was 16 or so My girlfriend and I broke up. I was kind've down so I went to the "Disc Shop" (That was the actual store name.) The Everly Brothers had a hit song at the time called "Ebony Eyes." I really didn't like the song all that much, but the "B" side..."Walk Right Back" was at the top of my favourites list and I thought it was a great way to win her back. I bought the 45 then handed it to her at school the next day. That evening she phoned me at home and said.. "I don't have Ebony Eyes you idiot!!!"
                haha!!
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Funny story Cat. So, she appeared at the front of the stage, but does that mean you won her back?

Comment

• That's another story......

Comment

• Is she the Mrs. Cat?

Comment

• Nah..she had brains.

Comment

• Russell Johnson (The Professor from Gilligans Island) and Dave Madden (Ruben (Kincade) died today. Bad day dro supporting sitcom stars.
                          AKA Dave Lubin

Comment

• Always wondered how the professor could make a transistor radio run on coconuts but couldn't fix a hole in a ship..........

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan V View Post
                              Always wondered how the professor could make a transistor radio run on coconuts but couldn't fix a hole in a ship..........
                              I have never even saw this show, but that ^ was funny.
                              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Reuben Kincaid of Partridge Family also passed:

Partridge Family star Dave Madden, who played the family's manager Reuben Kincaid on the hit 1970s sitcom, died Thursday, Jan. 16 at the age of 82

Comment

Working...
                                X