No announcement yet.

Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "My uncle John, (mothers brother) knew her on first name terms. They both went to the same Alcoholics Anonymous group."
    --------------------------------I guess it wasn't anonymous then was it. :-)
    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Yes, auld John had difficulty keeping things anonymous at times. Quite regularly we would hear......, "Hey, you never guess. Mick Nelson was at the AA the other night!" ....., nice one uncle john.

But in his defence, it was common knowledge that Clarissa had problems with the bevvy.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• 'The most hated man in America' dies
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Good luck with that exit interview, sir.
          "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• well played
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
              My uncle John, (mothers brother) knew her on first name terms. They both went to the same Alcoholics Anonymous group. It's weird. Old uncle John did indeed give up the drink, but turned into a seriously overweight dude after meeting Clarissa. Was just pies every day. Pretty sure the bevvy would've been healthier.
              Hmmmmm.

If he is eating pies every day, sounds like more than a first name basis, here.
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• We will never know now, MM.
                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Re: Celebrity Death Thread

Originally posted by kayrone View Post
                  Good luck with that exit interview, sir.
                  OMG, Kay. (Yes I wrote omg). That has got to be the best one liner of the year on here. Toooooooo damn funny.
                  Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Character actor James Rebhorn died

Comment

• Originally posted by YT View Post
                      Character actor James Rebhorn died
                      I totally didn't know that name but I looked him up. He was pretty great as Claire Dane's dad on Homeland, among many many others...

The industry veteran, who passed away at home on Friday, played memorable supporting characters on film and TV.
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Didn't know him till I looked him up. He was the dean of the school in Scent of a Woman and also the weasel defense sec. in Independence Day. Also the expert defense witness in My cousin Vinny

Comment

• Didn't know the name but recognize the face.
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• he was in the final episode of Seinfeld

Actually he has been in a ton of stuff, I remember his face from a bunch of stuff
                            Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• Read Actor James Rebhorn's Self-Written Obituary

"James Robert Rebhorn was born on Sept. 1, 1948, in Philadelphia, PA. His mother, Ardell Frances Rebhorn, nee Hoch, loved him very much and supported all his dreams." As if it wasn't impressive enough to achieve show business success for decades, Homeland actor James Rebhorn capped off a tremendous life by penning a truly masterful obituary for himself, published today by Jersey City's St. Paul Lutheran Church following the actor's death on Friday. Rebhorn, who fought melanoma since 1992, deftly crafted his obituary to honor his living relatives, including his sister, wife and children.

Read the entire obituary below. It goes without saying it will make you sob.
                              James Robert Rebhorn was born on Sept. 1, 1948, in Philadelphia, PA. His mother, Ardell Frances Rebhorn, nee Hoch, loved him very much and supported all his dreams. She taught him the value of good manners and courtesy, and that hospitality is no small thing. His father, James Harry Rebhorn, was no less devoted to him. From him, Jim learned that there is no excuse for poor craftsmanship. A job well done rarely takes more or less time than a job poorly done. They gave him his faith and wisely encouraged him to stay in touch with God.
                              He is survived by his sister, Janice Barbara Galbraith, of Myrtle Beach, SC. She was his friend, his confidant, and, more often than either of them would like to admit, his bridge over troubled waters. He is also survived by his wife, Rebecca Fulton Linn, and his two daughters, Emma Rebecca Rebhorn and Hannah Linn Rebhorn. They anchored his life and gave him the freedom to live it. Without them, always at the center of his being, his life would have been little more than a vapor. Rebecca loved him with all his flaws, and in her the concept of ceaseless love could find no better example.
                              His children made him immensely proud. Their dedication to improving our species and making the world a better place gave him hope for the future. They deal with grief differently, and they should each manage it as they see fit. He hopes, however, that they will grieve his passing only as long as necessary. They have much good work to do, and they should get busy doing it. Time is flying by. His son-in-law, Ben, also survives him. Jim loved Ben, who was as a son to Jim, especially through these last months. His aunts Jean, Dorothy and Florence, numerous cousins and their families, and many devoted friends also survive Jim. He loved them all, and he knows they loved him.
                              Jim received his BA at Wittenberg University and his MFA at Columbia. He was a member of Lambda Chi Alpha Nu Zeta 624, a life-long Lutheran, and a longtime member of both the AMC and ACLU.
                              Jim was fortunate enough to earn his living doing what he loved. He was a professional actor. His unions were always there for him, and he will remain forever grateful for the benefits he gained as a result of the union struggle. Without his exceptional teachers and the representation of the best agents in the business, he wouldn’t have had much of a career. He was a lucky man in every way.

Comment

• R.I.P. Mickey Rooney.

Loved your movies when I was a wee lad.
                                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X