No announcement yet.

Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerome Kersey passed away unexpectedly at age 52. He was just visiting school kids earlier in the week with some of his former teammates. I'm sure some of you remember him and the Blazers going up against the Pistons in 1990 (not me, I was probably in a crib).

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
      Didn't know that was her, but it was an awesome Simpsons episode! RIP Leslie
      Agreed!

Rip Ms. Gore

Comment

• RIP Mr. Kersey.

Comment

• Kersey was a beast and quite athletic. Those Blazers teams were really good - just happened to be in the West when Magic ruled the court. RIP Jerome. Only a few years older than me. So sad.

Comment

• Today is sad sad day. Sci-Fi great and just all around awesome guy. Leonard Nimoy passed away.

I can't get teary eyed for an adult I never personally knew. But this is one time I wish I could. He may have never "changed my life" or had any kind of profound affect on me. But growing up Star Trek has always been a part of my life and he was the one that always stood out for me. Only person from Star Trek that I would have a harder time dealing with would be Patrick Stewart.

Mr. Nimoy won a worshipful global following as Mr. Spock, the resolutely logical human-Vulcan first officer in the television and movie juggernaut “Star Trek.”
            Last edited by Topweasel; February 27, 2015, 12:44 PM.
            AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• RIP Mr. Spock, I was always in awe of your knowledge.
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• RIP Mr. Spock. I'm not a big sci-fi guy but understand the HUGE attraction to your show Star Trek.
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Wow, Spock. RIP.
                  ------------
                  <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• RIP Spock.

Comment

• RIP Mr. Spock

I grew up a HUGE Star Trek fan and would watch the original series with my Mom on late Sunday nights after the news. Even if I had school the next day I would always stay up and watch!

I've seen all the movies (even the JJ Abrams re-boots) and have went to several conventions.

I was fortunate enough to meet Mr. Nimoy, Mr. Shatner & Mr. Kelly at a sci-fi convention in Sacramento before Mr. Kelly passed. Mr. Nimoy was a true gentleman.

Although I didn't get autographs I was just happy to meet them all.
                        Last edited by YT; February 28, 2015, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• Extremely sad news.

RIP Mr Spock.
                          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Yes, like when any good human being dies. RIP this thread.

Comment

• I wonder if his casket will be shaped like the pod he was ejected to the planet Genesis?
                              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Loved his autobiographies-- "I Am Not Spock" and later "I Am Spock." He learned what side his bread was buttered on.

Comment

Working...
                                X