Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL
    "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharkbait View Post
      Although they are usually classified as part of the British Invasion, their greatest hits album is loaded with Do - Wop stuff like you'd hear from Sha Na Na, but the Eagle Rock is their signature song. I think their following was more like a cult following, and this song is considered the Australia Rock National Anthem. Typical chord progressions like many different bands from the 70's, this song has always been a favorite of mine. Oz sent me a copy a few years back and I listen to it often. Strange fact about the Eagle Rock song, when they played this song in the Pubs, all the men in the bar would "drop trou" to their ankles. Strange.
      Like the eagle rock tune. Thanks for the info!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan V View Post
        Like the eagle rock tune. Thanks for the info!
        "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Wayne Rogers, Trapper John in M*A*S*H. 82
          AAL Quintez Cephus
          If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Wow!

Heard this earlier this morning.

82?

Man, Deb is getting old!;-)
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• .....and to our younger folk. While 82 seems old, wait till you get older than 50 and rethink your position.

.....and I am guessing you will have a different take on longevity.
              Last edited by Malto Marko; January 1, 2016, 10:18 AM.
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                Wow!

Heard this earlier this morning.

82?

Man, Deb is getting old!;-)
                ha!!
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                  .....and to our younger folk. While 82 seems old, wait till you get older than 50 and rethink your position.

.....and I am guessing you will have a different take on longevity.
                  Excellent point. My mom died two years ago(age 75) and I was 51 at the time and my then 16 year old son said "Well Dad, how does it feel to be the OLD generation ?"

It was a real eye opener for me.

Oh well Raquel Welch at age 75 and Christie Brinkley at age 61 still look hot to me. (or should I call them "Stone Cold Foxes ;)")

Comment

• Natalie Cole, dead at 65. RIP

Comment

• It's so strange it always seems end of year\beginning of year brings about a disproportionate number of deaths....maybe it just seems that way. I lost both my parents in early January (of different years)......maybe that affects why it seems that way.
                      AKA Dave Lubin

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Cunningham View Post
                        It's so strange it always seems end of year\beginning of year brings about a disproportionate number of deaths....maybe it just seems that way. I lost both my parents in early January (of different years)......maybe that affects why it seems that way.

Astute observation Chuck.I lost my mom in January and my Dad on a snowy day in March.

maybe it has to do with the end of the year and the end of your life I don't know.....

Comment

• Odd you bring this up today when i just heard on talk radio yesterday that coronary deaths spike in December and January.

When Throughout the Year Is Coronary Death Most Likely to Occur?

19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Divorce in November and coronary in December and January.
                            RIP Wayne Rogers. Enjoyed you in M*A*S*H.

Comment

• Originally posted by DetroitRockCity View Post
                              Divorce in November and coronary in December and January.
                              I guess it takes about that long to find out how much you need to fork over.

Comment

• I thought Trapper was one of the personalities that was buying up land here in town at the old Panama City airport. Big condo thing. RIP.
                                ------------
                                <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

Working...
                                X