Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ame]https://youtu.be/y-JqH1M4Ya8[/ame]
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
      But not the Labyrinth?!

I was never into his music much. There are a few songs I like. But I recognize his influence everywhere. And I blame him for most of the bands that came out of the 80s.
      That was Bowie's fault? I'll have to rethink how I feel about him now.
      ------------
      <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• haha, Drew. I don't know that, but it seems like there were a lot that seemed heavily influenced by him. Duran Duran for instance.
        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Shit, now I got Hungry Like the Wolf in my brain. I gotta get back to Fame! Whatsya name whatsya name whatsya name.
          ------------
          <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

But not the Labyrinth?!
            No, I haven't seen that movie. However, that is now on the top of my list after hearing Bowie has passed away.

Like Hugh Jackman said:
            [ame]https://twitter.com/RealHughJackman/status/686627691404083200[/ame]
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Strangely enough, I had a Bowie song in my head as I woke up, then I saw a text from my sister with the news. He was her favorite.

Comment

• RIP Pat, Lemmy & David.

I posted on twitter last night that bad news/death always seems to come in 3's. Lemmy then David. But I had forgot about Pat Harrington. Plus Wayne Rogers & Natalie Cole.

The world lost 5 great people in the entertainment industry in a short period of time.

RIP to them all

Comment

• "There were rumors for a long time that he was dying but he was still working, he just put out an album."
                  ---------------------------------------They said he put out the album because he knew of his situation and wanted to leave his fans something. GREAT artist. RIP David.
                  GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Don't know if this is appropriate or disrespectful or not, but I swung by my 88 year old Nanas house tonight for a coffee and the news was on with David Bowie being the main news.
                    I said, "Shocking news eh Nana?"
                    "What son?"
                    "David Bowie. Dead?"
                    "Oh aye, son. Heard that earlier. Shame."
                    "Yeah, such a great artist through the years."
                    "Oh don't talk rubbish son. He was shite. But God rest his soul."

Apologies but I struggled not to laugh.

RIP DAVID BOWIE.
                    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• My mom would say the same thing.
                      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                        Don't know if this is appropriate or disrespectful or not, but I swung by my 88 year old Nanas house tonight for a coffee and the news was on with David Bowie being the main news.
                        I said, "Shocking news eh Nana?"
                        "What son?"
                        "David Bowie. Dead?"
                        "Oh aye, son. Heard that earlier. Shame."
                        "Yeah, such a great artist through the years."
                        "Oh don't talk rubbish son. He was shite. But God rest his soul."

Apologies but I struggled not to laugh.

RIP DAVID BOWIE.
                        haha

His music mostly didn't appeal to me either but I respect that it was influential and appealing to others. Wonder what kind of cancer he was fighting...
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

But not the Labyrinth?!

I was never into his music much. There are a few songs I like. But I recognize his influence everywhere. And I blame him for most of the bands that came out of the 80s.
                          My kids and I must have watched that movie 50 times.
                          "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• RIP

Bowie was one of my early favorites, one of the greats in rock and roll history.

Comment

• Alan Rickman passed away from cancer. Talented and underrated acto. RIP

Comment

• Yes, very much underrated Nick. He was absolutely brilliant in every film he made. He will be missed. :(

RIP Alan Rickman.

Lemmy? Bowie? Rickman? FFS celebs, stop dying.
                                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Working...
                                X