• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Tony and Harper.
    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Wow, RIP y'all.
      "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• RIP for Parker...... good guy.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Phillips had cocaine problems when he was with the A's didnt he? Or am I confusing him with someone else?

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
            Phillips had cocaine problems when he was with the A's didnt he? Or am I confusing him with someone else?
            the problem was he couldn't get enough!!

all kidding aside he was arrested in the late 90's for crack. who hasn't been in that situation though?
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Was the first Athletic to hit for the cycle.
              "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Eric "Winkle" Brown a Scottish (from Leith, Nr Edinburgh) test pilot died at the weekend aged 97, what an amazing life he had.

The Royal Navy's most decorated pilot, Capt Eric "Winkle" Brown, dies at the age of 97.

Amongst the things he had done:-

Flown the most type of Aircraft, unlikely to be bettered - 487 (This is basic types, not including variations!), including a ME163 Rocket plane captured from the Germans
                First person to land a jet aircraft on an aircraft carrier
                Most landings on an Aircraft Carrier - 2407
                One of only two people to survive their ship being sunk by a U-Boat
                Was at the liberation of Bergen Belsen
                Interrogated Goering and Himmler
                Close friends with Neil Armstrong
                Watched Hitler shake hands with Jessie Owens at the Olympics, countering the belief that Hitler ignored him.

There was a BBC documentary about him last year, which is worth watching if you can find it.
                AAL Quintez Cephus
                If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• RIP Winkle - you did your generation proud.

Comment

• WoW to fly that much and make it to 97...that is amazing

Comment

• Awesome resume ... RIP.

Comment

• RIP George Kennedy
                        Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

Comment

• ^ Won an Oscar for Cool Hand Luke. Great movie.......storyline is same base as One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
                          AKA Dave Lubin

Comment

• I thought George had passed a long time ago. Good actor who had a nice career. RIP

Comment

• Charlie Tuna Game Show Announcer dies at 71.
                              Memorial Day 2018!

Comment

• RIP George Kennedy. Loved most of his movies, disaster ones and comedies. He was brilliant as Frank Drebins right hand man. Every bit as funny as Leslie Neilson.

RIP big guy.
                                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Working...
                                X