No announcement yet.

Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, just wow! I am not a Prince fan but have a lot of respect for his artistic individuality and continued critical acclaim.

Living on the edge makes you fall off sooner than most but, I am guessing he experienced a whole lot of more life than we have.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
      His Superbowl performance was the best ever, in my opinion.
      What!? But the Black Eyed Peas...;)

I think U2 in New Orleans was the best, but his is in my top three.

I was not a fan in the 80s, but grew to like him as the years went by

R.I.P.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Man, it's been a tough year. I was just thinking about how so many of the people we are starting to lose are a lot more meaningful to me than I can ever remember. And I realize it's (of course) because I'm older too and more and more of the people I grew up with are the ones we're losing, not the people my parents grew up with.

Comment

• Was Prince living on the edge anymore? His life was truly mysterious. He could have been big into drugs and I wouldn't have known.

His output in the 70s and 80s are some of my favorites. I could listen to Purple Rain every day. I kind of checked out on him in the 90s, his death is kind of like Bowie's because subconsciously I feel like those guys are timeless.

There were technically better guitarists, but he played with a style that was effortless.

Comment

• Not sure if this will start at the right place...if not, go to 3:17

[ame]https://youtu.be/6SFNW5F8K9Y?t=3m17s[/ame]
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              There were technically better guitarists, but he played with a style that was effortless.
              Please check out that video. He seemed pretty technically gifted there.
              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I agree, I mean more like when guitar magazines list best guitarists he would rank lower than he should have been. Mainly because he wasn't identified as solely a guitarist and his songs rarely called for gratuitous guitar solos. He did everything, At least that is how I saw it,

Comment

• Ah, I see.
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• And he could serve up some dope pancakes.

He was definitely a one of a kind artist. Musicians like him don't come around very often.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Not sure if this will start at the right place...if not, go to 3:17

https://youtu.be/6SFNW5F8K9Y?t=3m17s
                      Nice
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• So surprised by this. Wasn't a great fan but liked his Purple rain album/certain songs. Appreciate his musical talent and contributions to the industry.

RIP Prince.
                        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Not sure if this will start at the right place...if not, go to 3:17

https://youtu.be/6SFNW5F8K9Y?t=3m17s
                          GREAT video Deb. Wonder why he got away from that in his music.
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Lonnie Mack died today.

[ame]https://youtu.be/ZsDcBg4X7fQ[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              Was Prince living on the edge anymore? His life was truly mysterious. He could have been big into drugs and I wouldn't have known.

His output in the 70s and 80s are some of my favorites. I could listen to Purple Rain every day. I kind of checked out on him in the 90s, his death is kind of like Bowie's because subconsciously I feel like those guys are timeless.

TMZ reports earlier this week he was treated with narcan (saves one from an opiate overdose) and because he couldn't get a solo room at the hospital he left against medical advice, and he was not doing well. It's TMZ, so who knows. But it appears it might be drug related.

I also heard he has thousands of unreleased songs recorded.
                              Last edited by fontes91; April 22, 2016, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• [ame]https://youtu.be/8LhcParuzpc[/ame]
                                Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

Working...
                                X