No announcement yet.

Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep seeing the barber shop in "Coming to America" when hearing Cassius Clay.

"Cashus Clay....... Best damn boxer ever lived!"
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Here he was at his peak. Then he lost three years avoiding the draft. Would have loved to see him fight then. My dad was the biggest Ali fan I knew. He hated his "bragging" and cockiness but loved his talent. The only boxer to win a round without throwing a punch! His speed and defense were amazing. His power was decent but he had to beat you with combinations. His big chin and ability to take a punch was awesome but would take his toll later with his pugilistic dementia.
      [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL8Q6yFjFRY"]Muhammad Ali vs Cleveland Williams #Legendary Night# HD - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/espn/status/739100670003798017[/ame]
        Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• RIP - I was fortunate to grow up watching some great boxers, With all due respect to Joe Lewis,Ali tops my list
          "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
            Keep seeing the barber shop in "Coming to America" when hearing Cassius Clay.

"Cashus Clay....... Best damn boxer ever lived!"
            Same here. I showed my dad the clip on Netflix this morning after I heard he died.

Comment

• Even better video.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae3wpBPae4k"]Mohamed Ali's Greatest Advice for the people who think... - YouTube[/ame]
              Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan V View Post
                Here he was at his peak. Then he lost three years avoiding the draft. Would have loved to see him fight then. My dad was the biggest Ali fan I knew. He hated his "bragging" and cockiness but loved his talent. The only boxer to win a round without throwing a punch! His speed and defense were amazing. His power was decent but he had to beat you with combinations. His big chin and ability to take a punch was awesome but would take his toll later with his pugilistic dementia.
                Muhammad Ali vs Cleveland Williams #Legendary Night# HD - YouTube
                I grew up as a paperboy delivering the papers reading the stories of Ali on the sports pages and clinging to the TV any time he was scheduled to box. Grew tired of the Cosell-Ali relationship but admits it was entertaining.

Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                I remember him for all of that, including being pretty.

Originally posted by Sharkbait View Post
                RIP - I was fortunate to grow up watching some great boxers, With all due respect to Joe Lewis,Ali tops my list
                I never got to see Lewis fight.

The fighters I would never miss a fight Ali, Leonard, Herns.

Ali taught me to respect that fighters get old and have to reinvent themselves to compete.

He truly was the greatest of all time.

RIP.

It is really too bad that the sport and Parkinson's took as much out of him as it did because his Ambassadorship could have been much more legendary.
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• RIP Ali The Greatest of all time

RIP Kimbo Slice only 42 years old

Comment

• Heart failure, I read.

Dude was likely to die young. RIP.
                    ------------
                    <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Steroids?

Comment

• Al Ackerman died at age 90. My favorite sports anchor growing up

What I remember most, other than the "Bless You Boys" phrase was his take on the lions. "as long as William Clay Ford owns the Lions, they will never win".

Comment

• Wow! Kimbo Slice was a young dude. That's too early to roll on
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Loved Mohammed Ali, thought he was awesome and very sad he's left us.

But let's be serious about that ^^^ video. That's a celebrity talking about life and God. And celebrities can do that. That very same Ali speech said by the guy who stands at the bottom of The Mound in Edinburgh every Saturday afternoon?? = "Listen to him? What a feckin fruitcake eh?!"

Not saying I'm a disbeliever or anything, definitely believe in a higher "something"......., just saying, mere mortals can't say stuff like that ^^^ in public. Celebs can.
                            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• It's just a good example of who he was.

He did seem to try to live according to the words he used.

Aweful to think of being able to think just fine, but be imprisoned in a non-functional shell for all those years.
                              Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Stephen Hawking has done pretty well for himself. By the way, I never realized until I was reading an article about him the other day that he's 74.
                                2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

Working...
                                X