Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is kinda weird.

The local media is using all kinds of phrases and adjectives to describe Drew Sharp.

I hear "one of the longest serving and most respected sports journalist" "passionate" "well respected" and down right nice good guy to everyone he met.

I never met him so I can only offer an opinion from his public persona.

I have read his columns from the time he started writing for the Freep. I often hated and disagreed with his written column. It was not until he started sitting in on the local sports talk station that I truly understood where he was coming from. He was not allowed to defend his position in print because of column space but on radio, he made a lot of sense.

I have not abated my promise to stop reading his print because I understand the sensationalism he was trying to create to sell papers.

I continue to read papers today because I am an old time paper carrier that used to read all of the parts that interested me since I was 12. I still get it delivered to my door that will make those of you who rely on smart phones, tablets, and laptops for your information cringe.

I will agree a good guy went way to early but, still think he was more of a legend in his own mind.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Oh Drew definitely ruffled feathers (including mine), but I think there was something to be said for his willingness to go against the grain. By all accounts, he seemed like a good guy outside of his writing. I remember him being on Jim Rome is Burning as a guest sometimes and he came across more likeable there. 56 is way too young, hell, my dad recently had a health scare and he's a couple years younger. RIP.

Comment

• What happened? Heart attack?

Comment

• Found it. Hypertensive cardiovascular disease.

Comment

• I as well found his writing very abrasive and jaded. That said - have to separate his writing as a columnist from whom he was personally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• He gave his blunt opinions ... no puff pieces
              WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• I will miss the bawsack.
                Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• I always got the feeling that he created a character and he used it to get people to read him. It was smart and separated him from the indifference-inducing mass of writers. I'm sure he knew people hated "him" and he loved it, because he got more clicks than any other writer for the Freep not named Albom. "What is that negative son of a bitch complaining about now?" It worked.

Peace to him and his family.

Comment

• I miss Killer
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• A player I read about as he was featured in Paper Lion

Gail Cogdill, one of the all-time great Detroit Lions WRs, dies at 79

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nf...s-79/92518914/
                      AAL Quintez Cephus
                      If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                        Found it. Hypertensive cardiovascular disease.
                        Get your blood pressure checked people!
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                          I will miss the bawsack.
                          Dpat......, with all due respect buddy......, it can be over used! Just sayin'

RIP to all these people I've never heard of.
                          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                            Sniff dpats bawsack.
                            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Left for a job Thursday morning......, middle of nowhere and water mains isolated. Just back an hour ago...... Fkn stinking bawsac! I'll give dpats a miss!
                              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                                I can't stop myself. It is addictive.
                                Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

Working...
                                X