No announcement yet.

Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are no confirmed reports of him having HIV/AIDS, though his former partner did before passing in the 90s. But the autopsy will settle that.

Sad to lose another music icon. A great pop artist. My young daughter fell in love with Last Christmas this year, singing it all the time the past couple of weeks and we just watched the video the other day. And apparently behind the scenes he was about as nice as anyone could be.

Comment

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post
      Yep. One of the better pop artist from the 80's (and a bit from the 90s). Ironically, "Last Christmas" has become a staple on the Christmas stations.
      Yes, was on the tip of my tongue to say that last night while with the wife, but decided against it. We all have our absolute favourites that we've saw 10+ times live in concert; Wham and GM were Sachas. Sad end to an excellent Xmas Day.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
        There are no confirmed reports of him having HIV/AIDS, though his former partner did before passing in the 90s. But the autopsy will settle that.

Sad to lose another music icon. A great pop artist. My young daughter fell in love with Last Christmas this year, singing it all the time the past couple of weeks and we just watched the video the other day. And apparently behind the scenes he was about as nice as anyone could be.
        Yes, and his charity work and donations were second to none. Helped millions throughout his career..
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
          I was visiting my daughter for the holiday and she informed me of this.

I stood there with a blank look on my face and she asked, "you do know George Michael from Wham, right?"

Uhhhhhhh, no.

I could not name one tune nor did I recognize her attempt to sing several of their hits.
          My wife didn't have a clue who he was either.
          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Can't believe people never heard the song "Freedom"......., were your radios broken in the 90's?

[ame]https://youtu.be/j8h-Ltha_9w[/ame]

Comment

• Yeah, I was barely alive during his peak but knew plenty about him. Loved "Careless Whisper". He also once had a duet with Whitney Houston, someone else who passed way too soon.

Comment

• Faith was a fantastic album. Wham was a bit too cheesy for me, but I worked at a record store when Faith came out, so we had to play it quite a bit to promote it. Even though I was 100% rocker chick with an attitude at that point in my life, that album blew me away. Still reigns on my list of all time favorites. RIP
                "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Nicely put Kay

Comment

• "I could not name one tune nor did I recognize her attempt to sing several of their hits."

"My wife didn't have a clue who he was either."

------------------------------WoW. Never listened to his music but knew who he was. He was fairly popular. I was listening to country during the 80's and 90's.

RIP George.
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I thought he was very sexy back in the day and enjoyed his music. Much of his music has Motown influences, which I dig. And he had a great voice. I think he struggled a lot with his own demons but that's not too relevant to the impact of his music career.
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• The song Freedom was about his struggles with Record companies trying to make him become what they wanted, aka. the Wham time period.

He hated being an image and owned by the companies.

He eventually became the writer and singer he wanted to be.

Comment

• I had heard that after he went solo he made sure Andrew Ridgley was credited with him for Careless Whisper as a thank you. Not sure how true it was, but Andrew Ridgley seems ok financially and by all accounts is a great guy.
                          AAL Quintez Cephus
                          If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• You Star Wars loving freaks might be interested in knowing that Carrie Fisher has passed
                            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• RIP George and Princess Lea
                              Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• Fuck this year.

RIP Princess Leia.

Guys my age (47) first proper crush?

Comment

Working...
                                X