Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
    I have to recant my prior statement as I apparently mixed up the actresses from two equally bad series. It was Margot Kidder from Superman that liked hiding in the bushes.

My bad Carrie Fisher.

Margot Kidder was a nutter too. I had crushes on both back in the day though

Comment

• RIP Carrie Fisher. I was never into Star Wars, but I respected her outspokenness and advocacy regarding mental health issues. She had a brief but tumultuous marriage to Paul Simon and inspired some of his best songwriting (IMHO). This song just wrecks me - so beautiful.

[ame]https://youtu.be/hKAEXeBFejA[/ame]
      "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Cunningham View Post
        Can't back you here.....the first 2 Superman movies were great! Best Superhero Comic Book to screen adaption in my opinion.
        hold the phone.. whoa.. ez now

You didn't like the Star Wars Trilogy, The generational film of most of us in the forum, the films that changed movies forever (equal to the end of silent films and technicolor) but you did like the first two Superman Movies?

Next you and gonz will be saying you disliked Raiders of the Lost Ark
        Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• RIP Carrie.
          Just very sad.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSwyNN7ms00&feature=youtu.be"]"Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking Nerfherder!" - YouTube[/ame]
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by The Ken View Post
            hold the phone.. whoa.. ez now

You didn't like the Star Wars Trilogy, The generational film of most of us in the forum, the films that changed movies forever (equal to the end of silent films and technicolor) but you did like the first two Superman Movies?

Next you and gonz will be saying you disliked Raiders of the Lost Ark
            I dislike comic books, ALL of their movie adaptations to this day, kittens and Star Wars. I was 10 yo when it came out and just thought the characters are entirely hokey and cheesy looking, plus it went main stream which even at 10 I knew I hated group think.

Heck, didn't Lucas go back and remake them years later because even he knew it was hokey looking?

But don't you EVER say that I do not like ROTLA series. Blasphemy! :p
            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

She was demented.

They'd find her hiding in the bushes every now and then in Hollyweird.
              Didn't they have to pull her out of someone's crawl space?
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by The Ken View Post
                will be saying you disliked Raiders of the Lost Ark
                This is one of the first movies my dad had me sit through and watch. So thankful for it because of its greatness. Nostalgia at its finest.
                Last Crusade and Temple are great (9/10 ish) too.

I just wish I saw "Gremlins" earlier in my life because going back and watching it now for the first time (a few months ago) was meh.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I'm surprised at how much I liked Last Crusade. Good shit for such a late movie in the series. Wish they would have stopped there
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

I dislike comic books, ALL of their movie adaptations to this day, kittens and Star Wars. I was 10 yo when it came out and just thought the characters are entirely hokey and cheesy looking, plus it went main stream which even at 10 I knew I hated group think.

Heck, didn't Lucas go back and remake them years later because even he knew it was hokey looking?

But don't you EVER say that I do not like ROTLA series. Blasphemy! :p
                    Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are good, c'mon
                    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Debbie Reynolds, Carrie Fisher's mother, died today.
                      Wow, sad... RIP.

Reynolds was in "Singing in the Rain", which was surprisingly (for a musical) amazing when I first saw it a few years ago.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                        Debbie Reynolds, Carrie Fisher's mother, died today.
                        Wow, sad... RIP.

Reynolds was in "Singing in the Rain", which was surprisingly (for a musical) amazing when I first saw it a few years ago.
                        Too bad she had to see her daughter pass. That's terrible
                        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Holy shit that is terrible.

Comment

• I had no idea she was Carrie Fisher's mother until like 15 minutes ago... tragic.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB2yiIoEtXw"]1080p HD "Good Morning" ~ Singin&#39; in the Rain (1952) - YouTube[/ame]
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Yeah as I think Debbie Reynolds died from a broken heart not really a stroke.
                              Memorial Day 2018!

Comment

• Originally posted by Passepartout View Post
                                Yeah as I think Debbie Reynolds died from a broken heart not really a stroke.
                                Yep. RIP to both. I hope Jamie Lee Curtis is feeling well. Isn't she a sis?
                                ------------
                                <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

Working...
                                X