No announcement yet.

Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just on Sky News, Cornell commited suicide. Hung himself in a Detroit hotel after the Soundgarden gig last night.
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Yep

I'm leaving the did it in Detroit angle out of it.

19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Damn.
        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Audioslave was very underrated and Cornell had an amazing voice.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
            Yep

I'm leaving the did it in Detroit angle out of it.

I knew all day long you'd say something like that. You did not disappoint.
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
              Audioslave was very underrated and Cornell had an amazing voice.
              In what way were they underrated?

That's a sincere question. I don't want to argue, just curious. From where I stood, they were extremely popular, got tons of airplay on rock stations, and sold out shows. In guitar player circles, those Audioslave riffs are stuff of legends. So I'm (again sincerely) curious as to hear the perspective from someone who believes them to be underrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                I knew all day long you'd say something like that. You did not disappoint.
                DE2ROIT

Comment

Audioslave was very underrated and Cornell had an amazing voice.

I own the entire Soundgarden collection. It's collecting dust since my move but when its in the system, it gets worn out.

Comment

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post

That's a sincere question. I don't want to argue, just curious. From where I stood, they were extremely popular, got tons of airplay on rock stations, and sold out shows. In guitar player circles, those Audioslave riffs are stuff of legends. So I'm (again sincerely) curious as to hear the perspective from someone who believes them to be underrated.
                    Can't speak for Jaadam, but I'm guessing he's meaning that they didn't really become a proper household name. Quite a few people could say, "Was listening to Audioslave last night." ..... and an equal amount of people will say, "Who?"
                    Which is a shame because they were a superb band.
                    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Audioslave consisted of Chris Cornell (lead vocals; Soundgarden) Tom Morello (lead guitar; Rage Against the Machine), Tim Commerford (bassist; Rage Against the Machine), and Brad Wilk (drummer; Rage Against the Machine).

This was basically a secondary band for each of the members who were all widely known for legendary music with Soundgarden and Rage. Those are tough gigs to followup.

Rolling Stone, Billboard, Blender etc. were critical as were a lot of their fans from Soundgarden and Rage that didn't like the metaphorical lyrics that Cornell wrote for Audioslave

The first album was damned good from beginning to end. It was loud, had sick guitar solos (traces of Rage Against the Machine sounding guitar riffs) and Cornell's vocals were amazing yet in 2002 Rolling Stone had it ranked 108th for album of the year behind a ton of garbage pop albums that would be laughed at now. "Like a stone" barely made Billboard top 100 songs @ 96.

Opinions are like assholes but IMO that's underrated.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                        "Was listening to Audioslave last night." ..... and an equal amount of people will say, "Who?"
                        Which is a shame because they were a superb band.
                        That too
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Audioslave consisted of Chris Cornell (lead vocals; Soundgarden) Tom Morello (lead guitar; Rage Against the Machine), Tim Commerford (bassist; Rage Against the Machine), and Brad Wilk (drummer; Rage Against the Machine).

This was basically a secondary band for each of the members who were all widely known for legendary music with Soundgarden and Rage. Those are tough gigs to followup.

Rolling Stone, Billboard, Blender etc. were critical as were a lot of their fans from Soundgarden and Rage that didn't like the metaphorical lyrics that Cornell wrote for Audioslave

The first album was damned good from beginning to end. It was loud, had sick guitar solos (traces of Rage Against the Machine sounding guitar riffs) and Cornell's vocals were amazing yet in 2002 Rolling Stone had it ranked 108th for album of the year behind a ton of garbage pop albums that would be laughed at now. "Like a stone" barely made Billboard top 100 songs @ 96.

Opinions are like assholes but IMO that's underrated.
                          That explains it. Thanks!

Comment

That explains it. Thanks!
                            Im here for you bro.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Dang, Roger Moore died.

The Bond legend's family revealed that the actor died after a 'short but brave' battle with cancer in Switzerland.
                              A statement from the family said: 'It is with a heavy heart that we must announce our loving father has passed away today in Switzerland after a short but brave battle with cancer.
                              'The love with which he has surrounded in his final days was so great it cannot be quantified in words alone.'
                              2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• RIP, Seymour Farthing Jr

[ame]https://youtu.be/xiTUKJrlYUA[/ame]
                                Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

Working...
                                X