• Show
Clear All

• RIP Tom.
    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• This has been one shitacular day
      Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• It is just amazing how Tom Petty was able to stay relevant decade after decade. He didn't have the looks, or the best voice. He wasn't a flashy guitar player. But he could write awesome songs and his music had a natural authenticity that everyone could appreciate even if it was subconscious.

And now he's jamming again with Prince ...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y"]Prince, Tom Petty, Steve Winwood, Jeff Lynne and others -- "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Thanks for that, Lightninboy.

This one stings - I never got to see him live.
          "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• A premature report was attributed to the Los Angeles Police Department, which later said that “initial information was inadvertently provided to some media sources.”
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Here's what's new and interesting in entertainment and the arts:Wendy Williams collapses during her live showNetflix halts 'House of Cards' Season 6 production in wake of Kevin Spacey accusationsHalloween is finally here, and these celebrities have conquered itJay-Z to receive Grammy Salute to…
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• And Wiki recently changed from "Died 2nd oct" to still alive.

Comment

• A lot of conflicting reports about his condition, but I assume since he wasn't breathing when he was found that he suffered some brain damage.

RIP Tom Petty.
                  2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Well I guess there is still hope for Petty. That's great!

But FFS what has happened to journalism?

Comment

• I think it was a rush to break the story. From what I've read they took him off life support as he didn't have any brain function. Sucks either way.
                      Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Well that's fucked up. Hang in there, Tom!
                        "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Saw him at the Palace, 1990ish,,,,

damn,,,still crank up his tunes, had many good songs

Comment

• RIP

One of the greats. Wish I would have seen him, but never did.

Comment

• Major news outlets are all confirming the passing of Tom Petty.

One of my favorite songs of his:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUTXb-ga1fo"]Tom Petty - I Won't Back Down - YouTube[/ame]
                              2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Yep, extremely fucked up journalism. That quest to be "first". Fucking idiots.

RIP "again!" Tom Petty........, enjoying a morning of your stuff on the Radio breakfast show.

Comment

Working...
                                X