Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al Wilson died.........

These are the eyes
    That never knew how to smile till you came into my life (do-do-do-do-do)
    And these are the arms
    That long to lock you inside every day and every night (do-do-do-do-do)
    Girl, and here is the soul of which you've taken control
    Can'tcha see I'm tryin' to show love is right?

Whoa, oh, oh, oh show and tell
    Just a game I play
    When I wanna say "I love you"
    Girl, so show me and tell me
    That you feel the same way too
    Say you do, baby

These are the hands
    That can't help reaching for you if you're anywhere in sight
    (Anywhere in sight)
    And these are the lips
    That can't help callin' your name in the middle of the night
    (Middle of the night)

Whoa, and here is the man
    Who needs to know where you stand
    Dontcha know I've done all I can, so decide

Just a game I play
    When I wanna say "I love you" (I love you)
    Say you do, say you do, baby, baby, baby

Ahh, here is the soul
    Of which you've taken control
    Can't you see I'm tryin' to show love is right?

Ooh, girl, show and tell
    Just a game I play
    When I wanna say "Oh, I love you"
    Say you do, say you do, baby

Just a game I play
    When I wanna say "Oh, I love you"
    FADE
    Say you do, baby, baby
    The only logical explanation is:
    I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• can somebody help me out with this? I can't seem to get it right...

(ridiculous gobbeldygook removed by Deborah)

[youtube]r4pOF-AopkY&hl[/youtube]
      Last edited by -Deborah-; April 23, 2008, 09:58 AM. Reason: to embed this video type [youtube]r4pOF-AopkY&hl[/youtube]
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Just heard that Harvey Korman has died. He was 81.

He sure gave a lot of laughs in his lifetime. RIP
        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Canucks' Luc Bourdon killed in motorcycle crash
          *2 hours, 47 minutes ago

SHIPPAGAN, New Brunswick - Luc Bourdon, a promising rookie defenseman with the Vancouver Canucks, was killed Thursday when his motorcycle struck a tractor-trailer in a crash near his hometown. He was 21.

His death was confirmed by sister Eve Bourdon and stepmother Maryse Godin. Both declined further comment when reached at the family's home in Shippagan.

Police wouldn't confirm the identity of the victim but said a motorcyclist was killed in the early afternoon on a road between Shippagan and Lemeque.

"Luc was an extremely talented player with a bright future," Canucks general manager Mike Gillis said in a statement. "He brought great passion to the game and was a valued team member on and off the ice."

Bourdon's agent, Kent Hughes, called his client a winner and a competitor.

"There was no quit in him," said Hughes, who knew Bourdon since the player was 15. "He persevered through a lot. He was a great guy and a great teammate."

Bourdon was the first-round draft pick of the Canucks in 2005, selected 10th overall. He split time this season with the Canucks and the Manitoba Moose of the American Hockey League. In 27 games with the Canucks, he scored twice and had no assists.

"Through hard work and perseverance, Luc was able to realize his dream of becoming an NHL player," Paul Kelly, executive director of the players' union. "Luc had a promising life and career ahead of him and he will certainly be missed."

Bourdon played on the Canadian team that won the gold medal at the 2007 world junior hockey championship in Vancouver and made the tournament's all-star team. He helped Canada win another gold at the 2007 tournament in Sweden.

Bourdon played for Val d'Or, Moncton and Cape Breton of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League before turning pro.

*Motorcycles don't kill people, people kill people.

RIP kid
          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Your Majesty, you look like the piss boy...
            Last edited by CGVT; May 29, 2008, 10:48 PM.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• That was a great role and movie.
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Tim Russert has died. He was 58. I enjoyed his work a lot. He will be missed.
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I heard that. How crazy. My sunday mornings will never be the same
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• RIP Mr. Russert

Comment

• Tim Russert was first a good man, a caring husband and father, a respected reporter, and a fabulous interviewer. And, he would be the first to say, "Please...give me a break!"

The media coverage of his death was more shocking than his death. Interrupting live programming; Preparing a special one hour-same day tribute, Falling over themselves to say how close he was to everyone... is more than enough. I can't get over how so many journalists get so caught up in their own self worth and importance. And the world stops. There no longer is flooding and suffering in Iowa, nobody has lost a home in California wild fires, Ireland didn't throw the European Union into chaos..(oh wait these things are occuring but we can only allot two minutes of airtime to them "cause Tim died."
                      Tim Russert, "Thanks for doing your job well."

Comment

• Yeah I agree the coverage has been way over the top. However, I certainly would not categorize Russet as one who was "caught up in his own self worth and importance." Not at all.
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                          Yeah I agree the coverage has been way over the top. However, I certainly would not categorize Russet as one who was "caught up in his own self worth and importance." Not at all.
                          You misunderstood Deb, (actually I could have written it better)

I did not say Russert was caught up in his self worth and importance.

I am saying Russert would have felt the same way about the coverage.

Were it not Russert, but someone else close to his stature, a Bob Schieffer for example, he would have given it about a minute of air time and moved on to important matters.

Comment

• Ahh...I understand, Bill.
                            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• It's probably because the media has lost one of their own and they are grieving and television coverage is their medium, it's what they do. That evening, NBC spent the entire 30 minutes on Russert but for them, there probably was no other news at that moment. I didn't mind but I did turn the channel after 15 - 20 minutes when they started going from person to person for a reaction.
                              "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• This also spoke more to the man and his effect, not only in the media, but in the political arena itself. For example, when Peter Jennings died of cancer a couple years ago, although they did a tribute for him, it did not get the immediate lengthy coverage the death of Tim Russert did. But Tim Russert was a unique individual, that had a lot of respect from all political parties and media organizations, and his position monitoring Meet the Press was held with high regard. I agree with Deb, he will be missed. He was excellent at his craft.

Comment

Working...
                                X