Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

oh my goodness. How have you never seen Goodfellas?

I can’t judge too much as it was only a handful of years ago since I finally watched the Godfather movies
    Yeah I know… top of my movie watchlist! I’m not alone, but I find it more difficult to sit down for a lengthy (~ 2 1/2 hour) movie nowadays. Especially at home. My brain has completely changed when it comes to this... Attention span being completely different than a decade ago.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

Yeah I know… top of my movie watchlist! I’m not alone, but I find it more difficult to sit down for a lengthy (~ 2 1/2 hour) movie nowadays. Especially at home. My brain has completely changed when it comes to this... Attention span being completely different than a decade ago.
      We just span the long movies over a couple of nights.
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Actual conversation with my son:

Me: “You watched The Irishman on Netflix yet?”
        Scott: “I’ll get round to it. Its a bit long though.”
        Me: “You feckin binge watched 10hrs of Peaky Blinders in one day last week! “ 🤷‍♂️
        Scott: “Aye, but…… but….. thats different!”

Still not found out how that’s different.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• I can't speak for him but for me a show is a smaller time commitment. The plan is almost always to just watch an episode or two. The vast majority of the time that ends up being the case. The binge just happens occasionally when I get completely roped in. Easier to stop and come back to shows too with built in stopping points and recaps.

Now if he's one of those people that plans on binging it going in, then yeah, I don't see the difference either.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post
            I can't speak for him but for me a show is a smaller time commitment. The plan is almost always to just watch an episode or two. The vast majority of the time that ends up being the case. The binge just happens occasionally when I get completely roped in. Easier to stop and come back to shows too with built in stopping points and recaps.

Now if he's one of those people that plans on binging it going in, then yeah, I don't see the difference either.
            Only time we've actually binged watched anything was when Stargate SG-1 was being pulled from Amazon Prime. We finished the show just in time.
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
              Actual conversation with my son:

Me: “You watched The Irishman on Netflix yet?”
              Scott: “I’ll get round to it. Its a bit long though.”
              Me: “You feckin binge watched 10hrs of Peaky Blinders in one day last week! “ 🤷‍♂️
              Scott: “Aye, but…… but….. thats different!”

Still not found out how that’s different.
              Bro that’s so true!
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Goodfellas is a movie you shouldn't wait to see. If you haven't seen it, watch tonight. If you have to watch one mob movie, that's the one.

One of my favorite cable B movies starred Fred Ward named Remo Williams.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  Goodfellas is a movie you shouldn't wait to see. If you haven't seen it, watch tonight. If you have to watch one mob movie, that's the one.
                  Amen
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Goodfellas is a movie you shouldn't wait to see. If you haven't seen it, watch tonight. If you have to watch one mob movie, that's the one.
                    So ( <<— legal) true.

One of my buddies way back in the early 00’s was going through a pretty nasty divorce and he was completely losing his mind. Myself and another buddy took him out for a meal in Edinburgh for a complete relax time and to ask him to just calm down a bit, it’ll all work out, etc etc.

Buddy Paul, “The kids will be ok, they’ll get over it, the house will take care of itself and you’ll get whats due but you need to calm the fuck down and take it easy. You’re like Henry Hill walking around looking up at helicopters at this moment in time.”

Never ever forgot that and think about that time whenever seeing Goodfellas.

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• At least one time in the last 30 years, Marko has told some poor Jambo to go home and get your shine box. That is irrefutable.

Comment

At least one time in the last 30 years, Marko has told some poor Jambo to go home and get your shine box. That is irrefutable.
                        Wouldn’t dare…….. they’re all uneducated nutcases……. No telling what they’d do!

Got to be honest, most of my buddies are Jambos. Even my best man ——>> Jambo.
                        Dickheads.

Comment

• RIP Marion Barber:

Barber was a Pro Bowler in 2007 after rushing for 975 yards with 10 touchdowns in a season that he didn’t start a game for Dallas.

Comment

• damn
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I saw him play in college at UM. MINN had a backfield of Barber and Maroney. They were impressive to watch, two 1,000 yd rushers. You didn’t really see that much back then when the “bell cow” was still in fashion.

Comment

• Marion Barber ran like A MAN. My immediate thought when reading this was CTE altho I don't know his concussion history. Also didn't know about his legal troubles since retiring. He ran so hard
                                WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

Working...
                                X