• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [youtube]vb1d017bgsk[/youtube]

Comment

• Originally posted by packfan View Post
      Michigan State fan
      The Michigan State mascot is a gay looking Oscar statuette?
      "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• Originally posted by romster View Post
        The Michigan State mascot is a gay looking Oscar statuette?
        LOL! The gentlewoman from virginia nails it.
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• LOL.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Rommy, you really didn't know that's the Spartan mascot? You've been in Virginia too long.

Comment

• AFAIK, Rommy was born and raised in Virginia....Her pops was a michigander??
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Pops was a michigander, correct. I was born in CT but have spent most of my life in Virginny.
                "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• I guess I always assume that a Lions fan had to be born in Michigan, since no one would choose to endure this agony. But now that I think about it, my son was born in Colorado and he's been rooting for the Lions all of his life. It is funny to watch a nine-year-old get fed up and quit watching after the 1st quarter. I want to tell him that he has to earn that disgust by watching many more years of bad football.

Comment

• RIP to the entire Lion orginazation.........
                    If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• Chose this thread instead of the NFL News thread:

Chris Mims, former San Diego Chargers defensive lineman, dead at 38
                      *Chris Covatta / ALLSPORT, 2:34 PM PDT, October 15, 2008

LOS ANGELES -- Former San Diego Chargers defensive lineman Chris Mims was found dead in his downtown apartment on Wednesday, but there is no evidence of foul play, authorities said.

Mims, 38, was discovered shortly before 9:30 a.m. by police officers conducting a welfare check, police said. Coroner's officials declined to comment because Mims' relatives had not yet been notified.

The 6-foot-5-inch Mims was drafted in the first round by the Chargers in
                      1992. He played eight seasons in the NFL, seven with the Chargers and one with the Washington Redskins. He played in 104 games and racked up 42 sacks and forced 10 fumbles.

He retired in 2000.

Mims had always battled his weight -- he once referred to himself as the "Fat Doctor" because he often tipped the scales at more than 300 pounds -- and had legal and financial problems off the field.

While he had a career-high 11 sacks when the Chargers won the AFC in 1994, he returned the next season and logged only two sacks. After the 1995 season ended with a playoff loss to the Indianapolis Colts, Mims showed up to his team's final meeting almost an hour late and came out of a limousine disheveled.

The Chargers released Mims in April 1997.

A year later, Mims was convicted of a misdemeanor charge of refusing to take a blood-alcohol test after being pulled over for suspicion of drunk driving. His driver's license was suspended for a year. A judge had previously found Mims innocent of driving under the influence because prosecutors failed to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt.

Mims also faced four misdemeanor charges in September 1999 after a man claimed Mims attacked him outside a fast-food restaurant and stole his tacos.
                      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Stole his Tacos. LOL.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
                        Last edited by DanO; October 15, 2008, 07:24 PM.
                        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Stole his taco's what?
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• HuH?

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
                            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• ha!
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Four Tops singer Levi Stubbs dies at 72

Four Tops singer Levi Stubbs dies at 72

The Four Tops - from left to right: Renaldo 'Obie' Benson, Lawrence Payton, Abdul 'Duke' Fakir and Levi Stubbs. Photograph: Harry Goodwin/Rex Features

Levi Stubbs, lead singer of the Four Tops and the voice of Motown hits including Reach Out (I'll Be There) and I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch), has died aged 72.
                                He died in his sleep at the Detroit house he shared with his wife of 48 years, Cliniece. He had not performed in recent years because of illness.
                                With Stubbs in the lead, the Four Tops sold millions of records and performed for more than four decades without a change in personnel.
                                Former Motown labelmate Smokey Robinson said: "Levi Stubbs was one of the great voices of all times. He was very near and dear to my heart."
                                The group signed with Motown Records in 1963 and produced 20 Top-40 hits over the next decade.
                                Their biggest hits were recorded between 1964 and 1967 with I Can't Help Myself and Reach Out reaching No 1 on the Billboard pop chart.
                                Barry Gordy, who founded Motown, said: "It is not only a tremendous personal loss for me but for the Motown family, and people all over the world who were touched by his rare voice and remarkable spirit."
                                Stubbs "fits right up there with all the icons of Motown," said Audley Smith, of the Motown Historical Museum. "His voice was as unique as Marvin [Gaye's] or as Smokey's or as Stevie [Wonder's]."
                                Stubbs once told the LA Times: "I don't really even have a style; I just come by the way I sing naturally. When I learn a song, I try to live it as best I can."

I'd seen him a few times, great voice. Only one of the original four left now.
                                AAL Quintez Cephus
                                If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

Working...
                                X