Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
    Had an MRI done once. The neurologist calls me at work and very casually says, "when did you have your stroke?".
    "What stroke, I haven't had a stroke?".
    "Yes you have."
    "Huh??"
    the day Matt Millen signed his extension ???
    The only logical explanation is:
    I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Thanks Deb. It was weird, and yep, kind of freaked me out for awhile. I had another neuro guy read the same images and he disagreed with the first guy, so I haven't thought about much since then. Thanks YT. Mine was called a CVA. I understand it can happen like that , and be so minor you are never aware of it.

Funny Deac. Until I think it was entirely possible.

Comment

• "You probably weren't using that part of the brain. ;)"
        -----------------------True. I rarely use any parts of my brain. That includes my other brain as well.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
          Had an MRI done once. The neurologist calls me at work and very casually says, "when did you have your stroke?".
          "What stroke, I haven't had a stroke?".
          "Yes you have."
          "Huh??"

I go into his office the next day and we talk about it. He says it must have happened in a "clinically silent" part of my brain. I figure I can take several more shots before it finds something worthwhile

Gonz, thanks for your concern. I think her situation more falls into a category of an exceptional situation. It would seem that there must have been some kind of very low percentage issue at play. I don't feel unsafe out there. Having said that, I will turn around and underscore your point by saying that it would help me if the idiot skier that ran into me in the middle of a wide open field of snow would just stay away next time.
          I've been run into (stay away from lift exits), knocked over and otherwise had my right of way on the slopes disrespected way more times than one would ever hope to encounter.

I don't worry about my actions, its the other guy/gal.

Plus, when I caution other about skiing, I include the drive to the slopes and back down. Driving snow/ice encrusted roads lead to some of the worst accidents I have ever seen.

In short, be safe during winter sport season.
          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by GONZ View Post
            I've been run into (stay away from lift exits), knocked over and otherwise had my right of way on the slopes disrespected way more times than one would ever hope to encounter.
            And you think that's all coincidence?
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Its a direct correlation to amount of time spent on slopes. Southern California slopes being the most probable to be run into because of the many noobs.

I rarely had any problems while in Utah or other well known ski destinations. Those crowds are apparently better versed on the ettiquette of using the mountain.
              Last edited by Panoptes; March 20, 2009, 12:56 PM.
              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• C'mon Gonz. No one knows you in Utah!
                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Police: Komlo dies in crash in Greece

not sure how much of a celeb he can be considered but I found the article interesting , as I have never heard of him...

PHILADELPHIA -- A former NFL quarterback who failed to show for sentencing on drunken driving charges nearly four years ago was killed in a car crash in Greece, authorities said, leaving behind an unsolved mystery involving two suspicious fires and years spent on the lam.
                  The State Department used fingerprints to determine that the victim of Saturday's crash was William "Jeff" Komlo, according to Jim Vito, Chester County's acting chief detective. Vito said he was initially skeptical, concerned because of Komlo's history that he might have faked his own death.
                  "Even though we heard that he was deceased, the first reaction was that, well, we better make a positive identification," Vito said.
                  Once the State Department verified the fingerprints were those of the 52-year-old fugitive, Vito was satisfied.
                  "As far as we're concerned, we're closing this now."
                  A State Department spokesman, Noel Clay, declined to comment "out of respect for the family." He would not say where in Greece the accident happened or release any details of the crash.
                  Komlo played for the Detroit Lions, Atlanta Falcons and Tampa Bay Buccaneers over five NFL seasons from 1979 to 1983.
                  In July 2005, Komlo failed to show for sentencing on two drunken driving convictions.
                  Two months earlier, authorities had issued a warrant for Komlo when he didn't appear for a May 10 preliminary hearing on charges in an alleged assault on his girlfriend.
                  At the time he went missing, Komlo was under investigation for fires at his home in Chester Springs, Pa., and another home in Florida.
                  Komlo had lived in Chester Springs and worked as an insurance broker in the nearby Philadelphia suburb of Wayne. Authorities did not know what happened to him after he skipped the hearings in 2005.
                  "This guy apparently has created some intrigue over the years," Vito said.
                  After getting into 16 games his rookie year with the NFL, the 200-pound, 6-foot-2-inch quarterback played sporadically the rest of his career.
                  An NFL spokesman did not immediately comment Friday.
                  Komlo starred at Delaware, leading the Blue Hens to the Division II national championship game in 1978. The Lions picked him in the 9th round of the 1979 NFL draft.
                  Scott Selheimer, Delaware's sports information director, said the school's thoughts go out to Komlo's friends and family.
                  "It's a tragic situation where someone, when they were here at the university, was kind of like a hero," Selheimer said. "It's a shame that his life kind of tumbled. He was going through so many troubled situations for so long."
                  An attorney who had represented Komlo in Palm Beach County, Fla., declined to comment Friday.
                  Two other attorneys who had represented him in Pennsylvania did not return telephone calls from The Associated Press. A telephone number for his ex-wife could not be located.

Comment

• I'm glad Deke changed his avatar. I found the last one distracting.
                    "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• RIP- George Kell, 86

I have many fond memories watching George and Al do the Tiger games.

Comment

• Aww, sorry to hear he has passed. I, too, have some great Tigers memories with him calling the game.
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• RIP George. I use too love listening to him and Al Kaline when I was a kid. Loved his calls of the games.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• " Good afternoon, ever baa-dey"

RIP George
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• RIP George Kell

"...HE'S ROUNDING THIRD, AND THERE'S GONNA BE A PLAY AT THE PLATE" sends a chill.

"NORTHRUP CAN TIE IT UP WITH ONE SWING OF THE BAT...AND THERE IT GOES!!"

I'll miss ya, George.
                              ------------
                              <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• LOL. Drew just reminded me when I was a kid Kaline was playing and not announcing with Kell. My how the time flies. Still a great listen.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X