No announcement yet.

Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I stand corrected, B. MURPHY was not HEATH LEDGERS g/f at the time of his death. MICHELLE WILLIAMS was.
    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by GONZ View Post
      I stand corrected, B. MURPHY was not HEATH LEDGERS g/f at the time of his death. MICHELLE WILLIAMS was.
      Down to 98.4% you go. It's almost a free-fall.
      ------------
      <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• LOL.

"It is always a tragedy when someone young dies unexpectedly."
        ---------------------------Yep.

RIP Ms. Murphy!

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Now this is sad.

Father: Utah man who inspired 'Rain Man' dies
          Dec. 22, 2009, 7:03 AM EST
          SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- The man who inspired the title character in the Oscar-winning movie "Rain Man" has died.
          Kim Peek was 58. His father, Fran, says Peek had a major heart attack Saturday morning and was pronounced dead at a hospital in the Salt Lake City suburb of Murray.
          Peek was a savant with a remarkable memory and inspired writer Barry Morrow when he wrote "Rain Man," the 1988 movie that won four Academy Awards.
          Fran Peek said his son met Morrow at a convention in the early 1980s and the writer was taken with Peek's knack for retaining everything he heard. Morrow wrote the script, and the movie went on to win Oscars for best film and best actor for Dustin Hoffman, whose repetitive rants about being an excellent driver and the "People's Court" about to start were a hit with moviegoers.
          Although the character was technically fictional, Fran Peek said his son was every bit as amazing as Hoffman's portrayal of him. And Kim's true character showed when he toured the world, helping dispel misconceptions about mental disabilities.
          "It was just unbelievable, all the things that he knew," Fran Peek said Monday. "He traveled 5,500 miles short of 3 million air miles and talked to nearly 60 million people — half have been students."
          In his later years, Peek was classified as a "mega-savant" who was a genius in about 15 different subjects, from history and literature and geography to numbers, sports, music and dates. But his motor skills were limited; he couldn't perform some simple tasks like dressing himself.
          NASA scientists had been studying Peek, hoping that technology used to study the effects of space travel on the brain would help explain his mental capabilities.
          Fran Peek says the funeral will be next Tuesday in Taylorsville. Details were pending
          Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• What a fascinating man he was.
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• A photo negative of Gonz......;)
              Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
                Down to 98.4% you go. It's almost a free-fall.
                Now ur playing along

Comment

• Drummer for Avenged Sevenfold :(

12/29/2009 - 05:22
                  JIMMY "THE REV" SULLIVAN

It is with great sadness and heavy hearts that we tell you of the passing today of Jimmy ?The Rev? Sullivan. Jimmy was not only one of the world's best drummers, but more importantly he was our best friend and brother. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Jimmy's family and we hope that you will respect their privacy during this difficult time.
                  Jimmy you are forever in our hearts.
                  We love you.
                  M Shadows, Synyster Gates, Zacky Vengeance and Johnny Christ

Learn more about Avenged Sevenfold nd find new music, music videos, merch, press, and more.
                  sigpic

Comment

• ^ Local band from my area.

Comment

• He didn't succeed, but apparently Artie Lange attempted suicide last weekend.

Stern sidekick in suicide try
                      Last Updated: 12:14 PM, January 7, 2010
                      Posted: 12:19 AM, January 7, 2010

Troubled comic Artie Lange landed in the hospital after stabbing himself nine times in an apparent suicide attempt, sources told The Post. Lange's frantic mom called 911 Saturday morning after she entered his Hoboken apartment and found the bloodied funnyman, a law-enforcement source said. Lange sustained six "hesitation wounds" and three deep plunges. A source close to Lange's management team confirmed that the Howard Stern sidekick stabbed himself, adding that his mother had come to visit him that day to drop off food. Surgeons managed to save Lange despite heavy bleeding. "We all have our demons," Stern said on-air this week, referring to Lange's past battles with addiction. "Artie has given this show tremendous moments of great comedy. He's a tremendous contributor. He is a good man. Don't forget how great he is."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/stern_sidekick_in_suicide_try_5m9Hwhn1OvpONlzbsiW3 oJ#ixzz0bwyxs84f
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• he must have finally realized he was a Buckeye fan........
                        The only logical explanation is:
                        I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• I have heard of lots of ways to kill oneself....but stabbing? Wow you really have to hit bottom hard to try that.

I hope he gets the help he needs.
                          AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                          2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                          3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                          4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                          5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                          6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                          7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• He is one sick dude. He is very funny however. Someone who tries to kill himself by stabbing is screaming for attention and help (I think), he doesn't really want to die.
                            AKA Dave Lubin

Comment

• wow, that's too bad. I liked him in "Dirty Work" and he also played in Norm MacDonald's old sitcom "Norm". The two guys make a good comedy team, and I hope they do more in the future, well that's if Artie still wants to live and continue to be an actor of course.......
                              HAS THE NFL CREATED A HELMET TO HELP STOP CONCUSSIONS? NO? WHY NOT?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pizza Boy View Post
                                wow, that's too bad. I liked him in "Dirty Work" and he also played in Norm MacDonald's old sitcom "Norm". The two guys make a good comedy team, and I hope they do more in the future, well that's if Artie still wants to live and continue to be an actor of course.......
                                Dirty Work is an awesome movie.

My guess is Artie has outstanding gambling debts leading to his severe depression. Plus drugs.
                                The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X