Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good one lightnin.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• The Knack's first album was kind of a lost classic. It was a fun album for sure.
      AKA Dave Lubin

Comment

• When I was a kid, My Sharona was one of my Dad's favorite songs. He played the Get The Knack album all the time.

I think his most favorite song was Life's Been Good by Joe Walsh.
        "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• My Maserati does 185....

Comment

• Lost my license, now I don't drive!

I loved the Knack. And Joe Walsh too!

Comment

• She's your adolescent dream,
              Schoolboy stuff, a sticky sweet romance.
              And she makes you want to scream,
              Wishing you could get inside her pants.
              So, you fantasize away.
              And while you're squeezing her, you thought you heard her saying...

"Good girls don't,
              Good girls don't,
              Good girls don't, but I do."
              The only logical explanation is:
              I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Alexander Haig passed away at the age of 85.
                Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                  Wow, his brother is Geoffrey Fieger? Who knew?

RIP!! I wore out the cassette tape with My Sharona on it...
                  I didn't realize that until just now. Interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                    Alexander Haig passed away at the age of 85.
                    Did not hear that. Way back in 1985 I was in the Army station in Korea. Alexander Haig came over and as a Military Policeman I was selected to be on the security detail. I actually got to be the driver for all his Aids and Security staff in his motorcades. I was able to talk to him a few times. Once we talked about the Tigers winning the World Series the previous year. He was a big fan of Sparky Anderson. One thing I didnt realize until I met him was how short he was. Like 5'6" or so.
                    Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Cool story DL, thanks for sharing it. Seems like he was a good guy.
                      Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• RIP Mr. HAIG.

Thank you for your service.
                        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• RIP Alex.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Not to get to sentimental about things, but having a little scare that I did last week about being healthy and what not. I sat in the hospital thinking about the things I wish I had done. Now, I knew I wasnt gonna die and I was going to be fine after a few days of rest and some meds, but to see all these people who pass away and think about where you were at when you first heard their name mentioned. I met the Former Secretary of State 25 years ago! I wonder did I accomplish enough in those 25 years as that man did in one? Did I influence anyone in a positive way? Did I do my part? I sometimes watch movies and watch an actor who has since passed on, some way to early and wonder, How many more great movies that person could have made? I am 46 years old, my life is probably more than half over. If I made $1 for every good deed I did in my life, would I have enough to last to the end if I never did another? When I go, at the very least I want to break even. Perferably though, I would like to be way ahead.
                            Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Deep words Desert Lion. I personally lost a friend who was 42 last year. I am your age plus one. I am getting ready to put mom in a nursing home (Alzheimer's) . I messed up my neck last year (disc) but I am fine now. I am in touch with my own mortality too a little more these days. I fell young but my kids are getting so damn old!

Comment

• If I made $1 for every good deed I did in my life, would I have enough to last to the end if I never did another? When I go, at the very least I want to break even. Perferably though, I would like to be way ahead.
                                what a nice sentiment, DL.
                                "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

Working...
                                X