This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrible news. RIP Futureshock

I'm so sorry to share this with everyone. This has shook me up pretty badly. It appears that our fellow Forumite, Futureshock, has passed away.

I so appreciated his presence here. It has been hard without him around lately. He posted a TON of Lions news, shared his opinions freely, and was a big Lions fan. I kept emailing him and hoping for a response saying he was just taking a break. But today, I found his obituary. :(

I hope you will all raise a glass in his honor. Rest easy, my friend.

Albert Wells Obituary - Death Notice and Service Information (legacy.com)
    #birdsarentreal

oh no, this breaks my heart. Future was one of my favorite posters throughout the years; thank you for keeping us in the loop, as I had no idea of his real name. Rest in power, good sir.😢💔
    "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

Sorry to hear. RIP Futureshock.

Comment

Wow, that's too young. He would've loved to see what would come of the MCDC era. I'll be thinking of him every Sunday now.
        "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
        Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

That’s really sad. RIP.

Futureshock was always big into the NFL draft. Will be missed…
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

fuck

Comment

What the actual f*ck!!

I was wondering where he’d been the last little while. Oh man this sucks
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Wow. Cannot believe this. In shock if honest.

You'll be missed massively, Futureshock. A great family guy and the Lions Forums very own "finger on the pulse" of those Detroit Lions. This news is WAY bigger than any celeb death around these parts. You were indeed a Lions forum celeb. Very very sad news.

Rest in Peace, Future xxx
                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

I’m complete denial. I loved his perspectives when they aligned with my own but even when they didn’t I respected the way he carried himself. I never got to meet him but I damned wish I had.

This really sucks. I know it’s a tough month too as it’s his wife and daughters bday this month. He was always a pain in the ass trying to get a draft day setup as he’d be prioritizing his family as opposed to my fantasy football dominance

You’ll be missed Future. Always loved the avatar
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

I will miss his takes on the draft and the Pistons....What I liked about him was he never made disagreements personal or resort to name calling....We all hope that we can get that Lions super bowl win before we pass, and maybe he gets to watch it on that giant screen in the sky....RIP Futureshock

Comment

I've posted, deleted, and rewritten this five times now, and each time I just can't get the words right.

Words have literally failed me. It's just so hard to say, "he died too soon," or "it was his time," and not make it sound pithy. The quality of a person can start to be found in the memories he leaves behind, and Futureshock was a man of great quality. I'm just absolutely devastated.
                      Last edited by chemiclord; August 18, 2023, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                        I've posted, deleted, and rewritten this five times now, and each time I just can't get the words right.

Words have literally failed me. It's just so easy to say, "he died too soon," or "it was his time," and not make it sound pithy. The quality of a person can start to be found in the memories he leaves behind, and Futureshock was a man of great quality. I'm just absolutely devastated.
                        Well said. I was dropping f bombs hoping it wasn't real.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

I remember when the Raiders were dealing Khalil Mack. Future wanted him. I said the price was too high. Mack's first day with the Bears, he lights the field on fire. Future didn't gloat at all. Then the next day was FMP's historic first game where the Jets annihilated us, and he was emotional and saying that I was right because he saw immediately FMP wouldn't get anything out of the Lions. We were both right I guess.
                          "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                          Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

I'm just devastated. He was the best poster on this board (sorry to burst your bubble jaadam4). What really sucks is we finally have a season to look forward to yet now he is gone.
                            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Ah geez. That’s awful. Reading his obit, I grew up not too far from him, there’s a low, but non-zero, chance that I watched one of his high school football games when I was a kid.

RIP Future.
                              "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

Working...
                              X