Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gameday Thread: NFC Championship GRIT vs 9ers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mason reese View Post
    I won’t totally discount momentum, but at the end of the day they made the important plays and the Lions didn’t. Maybe the failed conversion was the fulcrum, but if SF still makes that reception of Vildors face, and Gibbs still fumbles, momentum was turning regardless. It was one of the few games I can remember where the opposing team was able to turn up their intensity and the Lions wilted instead of matching it.
    Basically it comes down to the Lions not executing like we're use too. Instead the opposite was true and they were making mistakes something we're not use too.
    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Yeah, we are searching for one or two decisions that would have been a potential safeguard against the avalanche of bad mistakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post

Basically it comes down to the Lions not executing like we're use too. Instead the opposite was true and they were making mistakes something we're not use too.
        Now, what I would argue is that they made a lot of the mistakes they've been making all season... they just finally played a team that could reliably make them pay for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post

Alot of what Dan C preaches is that he has the ultimate confidence in his players to make these plays.....They did a good job this year on offense making those plays msot of the time...they just didnt in this particular case....it may have been the moment was too big, or just as fate would have it and they dropped passes and missed throws....This should make these players hungrier...They know now they can go toe to toe with SF and all the others...Now its just executing.

Comment

• I heard on the radio today that the Lions Kicker was something like 9 for 21 on kicks of 48+ yards. Another person called in and said he hadn’t made a kick of over 40 yards outdoors. Not sure if that’s true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
              I heard on the radio today that the Lions Kicker was something like 9 for 21 on kicks of 48+ yards. Another person called in and said he hadn’t made a kick of over 40 yards outdoors. Not sure if that’s true.
              Neither attempt in that game would have been over 48 yards.

Don't believe everything you read. Michael Badgley- Career

40-49 yards- 37-48, 82.4%

Checkout the latest stats for Michael Badgley. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, college, draft, and more on Pro-football-reference.com.
              Apathetic No More.

Comment

• Dan just wanted to go for it. I don’t think Justin Tucker would change his mind.
                3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
                10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• Originally posted by dsred View Post

Neither attempt in that game would have been over 48 yards.

Don't believe everything you read. Michael Badgley- Career

40-49 yards- 37-48, 82.4%

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...tm#all_kicking
                  Maybe alot of those were 40-47 yards? you could both be right

Comment

• Yeah someone called In with the 40-49 range stat but I think the 2nd kick would have been 47-48 yards. It wasn’t a chip shot like the one before the half.

Comment

• I still remember that game with Minn where he passed on going for it late in the game and tried a long FG, which of course was missed...I dont think I remember him being that mad before, and he said if that situation came up again he wasnt going to kick it, and he didnt....In that game he had a 3 point lead though, the FG would have only put him up 6....and the defense collapsed and gave up a long TD pass and the game was over.

Comment

• Gawd damn this loss sucked. 24-7 halftime lead and if Reynolds didn’t drop that 4th down catch. 😭

Reminiscent of the feeling of a heartbreaking breakup. It took two plus weeks of getting over it. Needing to get past the Super Bowl, go to the gym a ton, and watching a perfect movie to finally feel like it’s old news.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                        X